Anna Marri
Anna Marri
Her full name Anna Antonia Carminella Mari. Born 7 Nov. 1810. Place Altavilla Silentina. Father Donato Mari and mother Maria Mottola. Hope you can find birth certificate. Need ages of parents and if baptized if on certificate.
Thanks,
Thanks,
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Hi Donna
She is here at image 105 of 123: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 12/wQG3D7J
Her mother Maria Mottola was a widow. Her father Donato di Mari was deceased.
It doesn’t give the parents ages, sorry. The midwife reported the birth.
Angela
She is here at image 105 of 123: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 12/wQG3D7J
Her mother Maria Mottola was a widow. Her father Donato di Mari was deceased.
It doesn’t give the parents ages, sorry. The midwife reported the birth.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Here is some added information for you:
Death No 26: Donato Mari is here: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/5dGXAJE
Donato Mari, 46 yo, bracciale (day labourer), of this town of Altavilla Silentina, living in Strada Borga, married with Maria Mottola, and son of the deceased Pasquale (Mari) and of Teresa Paladino, died on 12 May 1810.
I located the above record amongst the Death Attachments. It wasn’t with the annual Death Records. I believe there is more to this death and that he died as a result of “an act of violence”. I suggest you post the following Death Attachment for translation because I don’t have time to look at it right now. I could take a look later in the day but there are some words there I’m not able to decipher.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/LNW3pgJ
Page 77 of 327
Angela
Death No 26: Donato Mari is here: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/5dGXAJE
Donato Mari, 46 yo, bracciale (day labourer), of this town of Altavilla Silentina, living in Strada Borga, married with Maria Mottola, and son of the deceased Pasquale (Mari) and of Teresa Paladino, died on 12 May 1810.
I located the above record amongst the Death Attachments. It wasn’t with the annual Death Records. I believe there is more to this death and that he died as a result of “an act of violence”. I suggest you post the following Death Attachment for translation because I don’t have time to look at it right now. I could take a look later in the day but there are some words there I’m not able to decipher.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/LNW3pgJ
Page 77 of 327
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
This is the correct link here to the Death Record that I translated in my previous post: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 14/5VRkYQg
Page 76 of 327. The first link I posted was the link to the Cover Page of the Death Allegati (Attachments)
Page 76 of 327. The first link I posted was the link to the Cover Page of the Death Allegati (Attachments)
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Hi again
I’ve had time to have a closer read of the record on page 77 and it is basically saying that after going to the deceased’s house and viewing Donato Mari’s body etc (and) seeing “no signs or indications of a violent death” the Official then gave authorisation for Donato to be buried.
Angela
I’ve had time to have a closer read of the record on page 77 and it is basically saying that after going to the deceased’s house and viewing Donato Mari’s body etc (and) seeing “no signs or indications of a violent death” the Official then gave authorisation for Donato to be buried.
Angela
Re: Anna Marri
Angela Thanks for all info. Having hard time getting into site. Will try to write more later.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Glad I could help!!!dngaddie wrote: 28 Jul 2026, 19:24 Angela Thanks for all info. Having hard time getting into site. Will try to write more later.
Donna, it looks like the issues with the site have been fixed. I noticed early today that the forum was down for “Service”. I haven’t had any issues today following the “Service”.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Re your question about Baptisms and Civil records:dngaddie wrote: 27 Jul 2026, 21:40 Her full name Anna Antonia Carminella Mari....and if baptized if on certificate.
Thanks,
During the Periods 1809-1815 inclusive, and 1866-1910 inclusive, you generally don't see any baptism details included on Civil Records.
During the Period 1816-1865 inclusive the Civil Records will generally include a record of the Baptism. Civil Birth Records will look basically look like this (a random record):
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/LyGYQyX
The column on the right side of the page contains the baptism details – date of baptism, where baptised. Often the annotation also includes the name of the baptised infant but not in this case. (If you are fortunate enough to have access to Church Records they may include added details like the names of the Godparents.)
(It is so nice to have all the tools on the forum working again and being able to post things without having to repost and repost. A big thanks to Edmondo for fixing.)
Angela
Re: Anna Marri
Glad site working. I had real trouble getting in and posting.
Angela thanks again for all the information.
Donna
Angela thanks again for all the information.
Donna
Re: Anna Marri
Angela Is it true about marriage locations too on records? Have found some churches but not all.
Thanks
Donna
Thanks
Donna
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
Yes, that's right. Generally there won't be any church marriage annotations included during the periods 1809-1815 inclusive, and 1866-1910 inclusive. But the Church Marriage details will be included on the "Promise to Marry" Civil Records 1816-1865 inclusive in the right column.dngaddie wrote: 03 Aug 2026, 22:05 Angela Is it true about marriage locations too on records? Have found some churches but not all.
Thanks
Donna
Angela
Re: Anna Marri
Thanks for info. I wonder if some of ones I have found have promise to marry.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
.dngaddie wrote: 05 Aug 2026, 19:42 Thanks for info. I wonder if some of ones I have found have promise to marry.
Hi Donna
I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to when you say "some of ones"? Which records are you referring to and what time period. Maybe post some links to those records. Ta.
Angela
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Anna Marri
I am unable to access the records on https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/esplora-gli-archivi/ for your town of Altavilla Silentina at the moment, which is where you will find records pertaining to the town, but meanwhile here is an example of an “Atto Della Solenne Promessa di celebrate il Matrimonio” (Promise to Marry). Ignore the left page. On the right page, "in the right column" you will see the church marriage entry.
You can search here for your records 1816-1865 inclusive: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Silentina (At the moment I’m getting a Syntax Error so can’t access the actual records.)
You can search here for your records 1816-1865 inclusive: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search- ... 0Silentina (At the moment I’m getting a Syntax Error so can’t access the actual records.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
