Help with hard to read marriage record for Francesco Lucido(I think)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
italian059
Master
Master
Posts: 955
Joined: 10 Jul 2011, 21:36

Help with hard to read marriage record for Francesco Lucido(I think)

Post by italian059 »

Would someone please translate this hard to read record. It is on the Archivio Agrigento paid site. It is listed under Sambuca Marriages, 1676-87. It is image 21 and the 2nd record on the left side of the page. I think it is October 23, 1678. Thanks so much. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Mary
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Help with hard to read marriage record for Francesco Lucido(I think)

Post by erudita74 »

Oct 23, 1678

Groom: Francesco Lucido, son of Filippo and deceased Vincenza, former married couple of this land.

Bride: Caterina Calcagno, daughter of deceased Giuseppe and living Filippa(?), former spouses of this land.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Help with hard to read marriage record for Francesco Lucido(I think)

Post by mmogno »

Sambuca, 23 October 1678.
Francesco, son of Filippo and the late Vincenza(?) Giaccuri(?)(*), formerly married in this town of Sambuca, was married in facie Ecclesiae per verba de presenti to Caterina Calcagno, never before married, daughter of the late Giuseppe and the living Filippa(?), who were formerly married in this town as well.

(*) From the marriage certificate of Filippo and Vincenza.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply