Song Lyrics

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Song Lyrics

Post by darkerhorse »

Anyone have lyrics for this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-7KwLfqoI
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

darkerhorse, I might be wrong, but, I don’t think this is a song. To me it sounds like music to a folk dance, and the man speaking is calling out the moves/actions to the dance as they go? I notice he says things like “hand to hand” and “turn” quite a lot. Because the music is so loud and the “caller” speaks fast, I can’t catch too many words.

Angela
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by darkerhorse »

Like the caller at a Sicilian square dance! Swing your partner, do-si-do...

I wondered because his tone is dictatorial rather than friendly, but I'm used to that tone.
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by darkerhorse »

His tone reminds me of Godfather II when the mafioso boldly announces in the street that anyone hiding the boy Vito Andolini should come forward and be rewarded.

Starting @2:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdpnz6m4oMc
Post Reply