I can’t tell what’s going on lol
When did she die, 1908 or 1912
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -89XW-QQXZ
Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
Acireale, May 8th, 1912.
Transcription of the death record of Giuseppa Spadaro,
She deceased on December 31st, 1908 in the Santa Marta hospital in Messina at 17:30, 69 years old, wealthy woman as job, born and living in Messina, daughter of the both deceased Michele Spadaro and Rosina Rombes, widow of Giuseppe Bianco.
The correct death year was 1908.
I think she was wounded in the Messina earthquake that destroyed Messina on December 28th, 1908 and she died few days later in hospital.
It was a terrible eartquake with about 120000 deaths and the records were not well kept.
Transcription of the death record of Giuseppa Spadaro,
She deceased on December 31st, 1908 in the Santa Marta hospital in Messina at 17:30, 69 years old, wealthy woman as job, born and living in Messina, daughter of the both deceased Michele Spadaro and Rosina Rombes, widow of Giuseppe Bianco.
The correct death year was 1908.
I think she was wounded in the Messina earthquake that destroyed Messina on December 28th, 1908 and she died few days later in hospital.
It was a terrible eartquake with about 120000 deaths and the records were not well kept.
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
Yes, many branches of my grandmother’s family were wiped out. Luckily for me she’d emigrated a few years earlier.
I’m treating most recorded deaths in 1909, even in March and May, as earthquake deaths if they mention cadaver, even if they don’t say earthquake explicitly. I assume everything was being done by hand, no cranes or diggers. What an awful and gross situation it must have been.
I’m treating most recorded deaths in 1909, even in March and May, as earthquake deaths if they mention cadaver, even if they don’t say earthquake explicitly. I assume everything was being done by hand, no cranes or diggers. What an awful and gross situation it must have been.