General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111 Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA
Post
by jcsm400 » 16 Aug 2006, 19:56
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
suanj
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251 Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:
Post
by suanj » 16 Aug 2006, 20:14
GREAT EDMONDO!! thanks, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Posts: 2211 Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:
Post
by mfjp » 16 Aug 2006, 20:15
Home Sweet Home!
Feels like weeks since our site was locked up by hackers Sunday 9:00pm...
I know you've just got back from holidays... but instead of resting up from a trip home.. you were faced with just another surprize...
Thank you for putting this site back up as quickly as you did... not an easy thing to deal with..
Yes I agree... nonna j,
a word of thanks is truly appropriate !
Thank you!
Maria
wldspirit
Staff
Posts: 5606 Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:
Post
by wldspirit » 16 Aug 2006, 20:34
It's fantastico that Edmondo was able to get the site up and running...
everyone was missed.....where would we all be without ItalianGenealogy........it is like a second family!!!!
Thank you Edmondo for all your hard work and giving us all a place to call home!!!!!!!
DeLisa
mler
Master
Posts: 2515 Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00
Post
by mler » 16 Aug 2006, 23:25
I missed you all. Mille grazie, Edmondo.
nuccia
Staff
Posts: 4606 Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:
Post
by nuccia » 16 Aug 2006, 23:41
Hi Everyone!
Glad to see everything back and to see all of you!
Great job, Edmondo....
What would we do with you and this forum? And by the way, for those you didn't know....
Yesterday marked the 4 year anniversay of this website!
nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Posts: 5606 Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:
Post
by wldspirit » 16 Aug 2006, 23:48
Not only a great job, but very time consuming.......24 hrs of work to bring the site back to life and rescue it from the grip of the
dreaded hackers..........
Four years and getting better all the time.......Happy Anniversary!!!
wldspirit
Emmy
Master
Posts: 639 Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00
Post
by Emmy » 17 Aug 2006, 01:26
Thanks Edmondo
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111 Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA
Post
by jcsm400 » 17 Aug 2006, 01:39
wldspirit wrote:
Four years and getting better all the time
wldspirit
Ditto
Belated, but still sincere.....Happy Anniversary, ItalianGenealogy
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Posts: 5606 Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:
Post
by wldspirit » 17 Aug 2006, 01:53
Well, actually, we couldn't help but be late....after all....we were invaded........so I think we can celebrate a day late!!!!!!
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Posts: 4606 Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:
Post
by nuccia » 17 Aug 2006, 01:59
Thanks for sharing the history of this with us! So interesting!
nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Posts: 5606 Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:
Post
by wldspirit » 17 Aug 2006, 02:13
No where on the net will you find such a site as this......it is the best.
wldspirit
elba
V.I.P.
Posts: 739 Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy
Post
by elba » 17 Aug 2006, 02:14
Nice to see you back - I think we were all getting 'withdrawal symptoms' without you!
elba
JMFL
Rookie
Posts: 61 Joined: 02 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Florida
Post
by JMFL » 18 Aug 2006, 04:33
Edmondo,
Thanks so much for "unhacking" and get this great site back up. I am new here, only about one month, but I really appreciate this site and all the great people on it. They have all been fantastic in helping me learn about my family.
Happy Birthday / Anniversary
Jan