Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Well if Dorothy isn't Tillie...
Yes... it could be that the real Tillie might be Alfredo's sister... I agree with you.
Finding Alfredo's 1920 Census record is a must...(since he was US born... )
I too am having doubts about Dorothy's age...
Maria
Yes... it could be that the real Tillie might be Alfredo's sister... I agree with you.
Finding Alfredo's 1920 Census record is a must...(since he was US born... )
I too am having doubts about Dorothy's age...
Maria
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Possible WWI Draft Registraion Card for Alfred Corda of the 1930 census.
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Record
about Alfred Doote Corda
Name: Alfred Doote Corda
City: Not Stated
County: Marin
State: California
Birth Date: 13 Dec 1897
Race: White
Roll: 1531200
Father of Alfred: Joseph
jcsm
World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Record
about Alfred Doote Corda
Name: Alfred Doote Corda
City: Not Stated
County: Marin
State: California
Birth Date: 13 Dec 1897
Race: White
Roll: 1531200
Father of Alfred: Joseph
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Don't feel so bad nonna...this morning I wiped several programs out while "attempting to free up space I thought I didn't need". Couldn't download anything after that. Took me hours to fix it.
I should have emailed Bob too..it probably would have been quicker.
Going to fix myself another drink now...and the couch awaits my return.
Hey Bob..can you put spell chck and more smileys on this forum??? Talk to Edmondo, will you??
nuccia
I should have emailed Bob too..it probably would have been quicker.
Going to fix myself another drink now...and the couch awaits my return.
Hey Bob..can you put spell chck and more smileys on this forum??? Talk to Edmondo, will you??
nuccia
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
A possible 1900 census for Alfred Corda with parents & a sister, Lucie.
1900 United States Federal Census Record
about Alford M Corda
Name: Alford M Corda
Home in 1900: San Antonio, Marin, California
Age: 2
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898
BirthPlace: California
Relationship to head-of-house: Son
Father's name: Joseph
Race: White
Occupation: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Corda 33
Ida Corda 35
Ida Corda 35
Alford M Corda 2
Alford M Corda 2
Lucie Corda 8.12
Lucie Corda 8.12
Frank Bedolla 36
Frank Bedolla 36
Morris Bedolla 20
Morris Bedolla 20
John Boane 36
John Boane 36
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/ ... DA1900.jpg
Haven't seen the double names before.
1900 United States Federal Census Record
about Alford M Corda
Name: Alford M Corda
Home in 1900: San Antonio, Marin, California
Age: 2
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898
BirthPlace: California
Relationship to head-of-house: Son
Father's name: Joseph
Race: White
Occupation: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Corda 33
Ida Corda 35
Ida Corda 35
Alford M Corda 2
Alford M Corda 2
Lucie Corda 8.12
Lucie Corda 8.12
Frank Bedolla 36
Frank Bedolla 36
Morris Bedolla 20
Morris Bedolla 20
John Boane 36
John Boane 36
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n56/ ... DA1900.jpg
Haven't seen the double names before.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Found Tillie Corda in 1920!....Sister to Alfred.
United States Federal Census Record
about Alfred Carda
Name: Alfred Carda
Home in 1920: San Antonio, Marin, California
Age: 21 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Joseph
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Marital status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 599
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Carda 55
Adelaide Carda 57
Alfred Carda 21
Emma Carda 20
Tille Carda 18
Henry Carda 17
Frank Carda 14
Harry Capella 18
John Capella 36
Dazio Lavis 28
Domenico Maffia 23
Valentino Alessi 39
Marie, Nuccia, or someone, could you please link......Photobucket image to small to read....Thanks.
jcsm
United States Federal Census Record
about Alfred Carda
Name: Alfred Carda
Home in 1920: San Antonio, Marin, California
Age: 21 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Joseph
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Marital status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 599
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Carda 55
Adelaide Carda 57
Alfred Carda 21
Emma Carda 20
Tille Carda 18
Henry Carda 17
Frank Carda 14
Harry Capella 18
John Capella 36
Dazio Lavis 28
Domenico Maffia 23
Valentino Alessi 39
Marie, Nuccia, or someone, could you please link......Photobucket image to small to read....Thanks.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Here is the info for the 1910. Immigration year for Joseph & Ida is 1886.
1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Emma Corda
Name: Emma Corda
Age in 1910: 10
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Joe
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's Name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Home in 1910: San Antonio, Marin, California
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Gender: Female
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joe Corda 45
Adelaide Corda 47
Emma Corda 10
Tillie Corda 9
Henry Corda 7
Frank Corda 5
Fred Corda 1
Antone Peracca 26
Abbondio Gilardoni 28
Emilio Corda 24
Domenico Corda 41
Joe Lavis 28
Joe Rocca 26
Sebastian Abbonnico 27
Guilis Fineati 26
Gottardo Capella 20
William Gombini 23
jcsm
1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Emma Corda
Name: Emma Corda
Age in 1910: 10
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Joe
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's Name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Home in 1910: San Antonio, Marin, California
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Gender: Female
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joe Corda 45
Adelaide Corda 47
Emma Corda 10
Tillie Corda 9
Henry Corda 7
Frank Corda 5
Fred Corda 1
Antone Peracca 26
Abbondio Gilardoni 28
Emilio Corda 24
Domenico Corda 41
Joe Lavis 28
Joe Rocca 26
Sebastian Abbonnico 27
Guilis Fineati 26
Gottardo Capella 20
William Gombini 23
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Tillie's 1920 Census recordjcsm400 wrote:Found Tillie Corda in 1920!....Sister to Alfred.
United States Federal Census Record
about Alfred Carda
Name: Alfred Carda
Home in 1920: San Antonio, Marin, California
Age: 21 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Joseph
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Marital status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 599
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joseph Carda 55
Adelaide Carda 57
Alfred Carda 21
Emma Carda 20
Tille Carda 18
Henry Carda 17
Frank Carda 14
Harry Capella 18
John Capella 36
Dazio Lavis 28
Domenico Maffia 23
Valentino Alessi 39
Marie, Nuccia, or someone, could you please link......Photobucket image to small to read....Thanks.
![]()
jcsm
Linking you the census record jcsm located! This is a nice record to have!! Nice work!!
Maria
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Here's the record jcsm located for you!!jcsm400 wrote:Here is the info for the 1910. Immigration year for Joseph & Ida is 1886.
1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Emma Corda
Name: Emma Corda
Age in 1910: 10
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1900
BirthPlace: California
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Joe
Father's Birth Place: Switzerland
Mother's Name: Adelaide
Mother's Birth Place: Switzerland
Home in 1910: San Antonio, Marin, California
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Gender: Female
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Joe Corda 45
Adelaide Corda 47
Emma Corda 10
Tillie Corda 9
Henry Corda 7
Frank Corda 5
Fred Corda 1
Antone Peracca 26
Abbondio Gilardoni 28
Emilio Corda 24
Domenico Corda 41
Joe Lavis 28
Joe Rocca 26
Sebastian Abbonnico 27
Guilis Fineati 26
Gottardo Capella 20
William Gombini 23
![]()
jcsm
Link to 1910 Census record
let's try this link if the above doesn't work....
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2395/image2xdv3.jpg
Imageshack is having a rough day?? I will relink later if file is not viewable...
Maria
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Something is sure going onmfjp wrote:
Imageshack is having a rough day??
Maria
Thanks for linking the census records.
Don't stay up to late looking for manifests.......Have a good nite.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
dup
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Just got up. Me and the couch bonded really well last night.
All the links seem to work ok. Haven't tried imageshack yet this morning so not sure if its still acting up. Will let you know.
Nice finds folks!
nuccia
All the links seem to work ok. Haven't tried imageshack yet this morning so not sure if its still acting up. Will let you know.
Nice finds folks!
nuccia
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Wow! You guys are really something! Without you I would have not much information at all! Heck, I still would know ZIPPO about my grandfather!
I keep requesting info from my family and getting no response, spoke to my dad today, he said everyone is tickled with what I am finding! SO...HELLO... WHY DON'T THEY HELP ME by answering my calls for help????? Atleast tell me they forgot or something. The more I question my dad, the more the cob webs start to clear though. Did I mention that I live outside of the USA, thus making things a bit more tricky?
Alas it is all in God's hands and it is destined for you all to be my Angels of Mercy and connect me to my family info. Hope you all had an enjoyable evening at that virtual bar.....
Keep up the great job, your help is so appreciated and you all are just amazing!!!!! Can't Thank You Enough!!!!
Be Blessed!!!! yochana
I keep requesting info from my family and getting no response, spoke to my dad today, he said everyone is tickled with what I am finding! SO...HELLO... WHY DON'T THEY HELP ME by answering my calls for help????? Atleast tell me they forgot or something. The more I question my dad, the more the cob webs start to clear though. Did I mention that I live outside of the USA, thus making things a bit more tricky?
Alas it is all in God's hands and it is destined for you all to be my Angels of Mercy and connect me to my family info. Hope you all had an enjoyable evening at that virtual bar.....
Keep up the great job, your help is so appreciated and you all are just amazing!!!!! Can't Thank You Enough!!!!
Be Blessed!!!! yochana
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Interesting observations.....
Tillie is found in the 1910 and 1920 census. This is interesting, I see census takers are not always infalable. Alfred is 1 yr in the 1910, 21 in the 1920 and 32 in the 1930. Fedele's age is also off, he is listed in 1930 at 48yrs yet in 1921 on the manifest he was only 21 yrs. I see Dorothy's age is also off on the 1930 census, Alfred is listed as her dad and she is 24? Go figure.
I also gather here that Fedele worked with Tilli's brother, hmmm where was she and her parents in 1930? Must have been working elswhere. It is interesting how they all married people from the same geographical area of their homeland! This custom in America, appears to change after the 1930's.
yochana
Tillie is found in the 1910 and 1920 census. This is interesting, I see census takers are not always infalable. Alfred is 1 yr in the 1910, 21 in the 1920 and 32 in the 1930. Fedele's age is also off, he is listed in 1930 at 48yrs yet in 1921 on the manifest he was only 21 yrs. I see Dorothy's age is also off on the 1930 census, Alfred is listed as her dad and she is 24? Go figure.
I also gather here that Fedele worked with Tilli's brother, hmmm where was she and her parents in 1930? Must have been working elswhere. It is interesting how they all married people from the same geographical area of their homeland! This custom in America, appears to change after the 1930's.
yochana
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
I see there is a 1930 census reference for Joseph and Adelaide and right below it, a "Gillie" could this be Tillie? Birth year matches. Can you give me a link to that 1930 census? It is for Marin County.
Why can't I find a death index on Joe??? I found Adelaide. I am also not successful putting them at Ellis Island.
This is fun and challenging!
yochana
Why can't I find a death index on Joe??? I found Adelaide. I am also not successful putting them at Ellis Island.
This is fun and challenging!
yochana
Re: Fedele & Tillie Dellabruna
Did Tillie remarry????
California Death Index, 1940-1997 Record
about TILLIE GENEVA WALTERS
Name: WALTERS, TILLIE GENEVA
Social Security #: 553643053
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 10 Mar 1901
BirthPlace: CALIFORNIA
Death Date: 13 Aug 1993
Death Place: SONOMA
Mother's Maiden Name: CAPELLA
Father's Surname: CORDA
jcsm
California Death Index, 1940-1997 Record
about TILLIE GENEVA WALTERS
Name: WALTERS, TILLIE GENEVA
Social Security #: 553643053
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 10 Mar 1901
BirthPlace: CALIFORNIA
Death Date: 13 Aug 1993
Death Place: SONOMA
Mother's Maiden Name: CAPELLA
Father's Surname: CORDA
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.




