Stazazione or stazione

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
jmoney4032
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2006, 00:00

Stazazione or stazione

Post by jmoney4032 »

My grandfather is agustino stazazione or stazione. I am trying to get information on him for my family history.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to ItalianGenealogy...... :)

Forum members can help if you can provide as much detail as possible....where did he live? immigration year? spouse and children names, and any birthdates you may have.

wldspirit
User avatar
jmoney4032
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jmoney4032 »

I AM PRETTY SURE THAT HE IS FROM FOGGIA, BUT I WILL GET SOME MORE INFORMATION.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi jmoney,

Where did he live in the US? Please provide wife's & children names & birth years for all. The more info you can provide will help us to locate the correct family & hopefully online information.

Have you obtained any documentation on him and/or his family members?

Thanks,
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jcsm400 »

Did find these......Is it the correct family? Will link if it is.

1930 United States Federal Census
about August Stazazione
Name: August Stazazione
Home in 1930: Cleveland, Cuyahoga, Ohio
Age: 42
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Angeline
Race: White
Occupation:

Education:

Military Service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
August Stazazione 42
Angeline Stazazione 29
Leo Stazazione 13
Madaline Stazazione 9
Joseph Stazazione 7
Peter Stazazione 4
Vincent Stazazione 1
Patito Dimizio 41

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/eaca41281a.jpg

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918

Name: Augustine Stazione
City: Cleveland
County: Cuyahoga
State: Ohio
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 7 Mar 1888
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1831700


http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/ac6d5e8af3.jpg

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
jmoney4032
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jmoney4032 »

yes it is, Thank you. The trouble i am having is when my family was in Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jcsm400 »

Possible manifest.


First Name: Agostino
Last Name: Stazione
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Ascoli Satriano, Fazzia
Date of Arrival: Nov 15, 1907
Age at Arrival: 19y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: San Giorgio
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0019

Last residence matches place of birth on WWI draft card.

Where are LDS films for this town so will also provide that information

Have to leave. Will do linking when I come back if no one else does.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by ricbru »

Agostino Stazione from Ascoli Satriano

http://ellisisland.org/search/passRecor ... 2132030658

always Agostino Stazione from Ascoli Satriano

http://ellisisland.org/search/passRecor ... 2135020092

Of course he probably lost the first ship and took the second one

You can have his civil records writing the request, in italian, to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Torre Arsa 3
71022 Ascoli Satriano (FG)
Italy

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by nuccia »

duplicate
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
jmoney4032
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jmoney4032 »

thank you so much!!!
User avatar
jmoney4032
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Oct 2006, 00:00

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jmoney4032 »

His name is Agostino Stazione and he is from ascoli satriano, foggia.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Stazazione or stazione

Post by jcsm400 »

I've added the links to the 1930 census & WWI Draft Card & Riccardo provided link to the manifest.

Here is the information on the LDS Church films.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

To locate your nearest LDS-Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

A guide on obtaining these films.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html

An Italian-English genealogical word list.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Happy hunting!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply