Molo Palermo Sicily - Waldensian Church

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
PaulaMT
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut

Re: Molo Palermo Sicily - Waldensian Church

Post by PaulaMT »

Don't get me wrong... lds on line has been a wonderful help...

I saw that they had a local office to look up films.... should I try to find film #'s before going to a local facility?

I really don't know how that works... can you only view the film's at the main site?
Paula M. T.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Molo Palermo Sicily - Waldensian Church

Post by jcsm400 »

jcsm400 wrote:
Film information.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... di+Palermo+++

Have you gotten any US documentation on her that list her parents?....Due to the naming tradition in Italy, you may need this information.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Hi Paula,

No I'm not getting you wrong....People have to use the online LDS records as a reference...still need to document.

Link to film numbers above.

You order/rent the films at your local LDS-Family History Center for abt $5.75 for first month & is reneable for the same proce for 60 days more. If you renew for the third time they stay at your local FHC, but each FHC has different rules on this so check with your.

To locate your nearest FHC.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

A guide on obtaining the films (explains it in more detail).
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html

Italian-English genealogical word list to help in translating the records.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

There are also church films for Palermo, but you need the name of the church they belonged to, to know which films to order. This information will be provided in the civil records & your FHC can provide you with the correct films when you get o the stage.

If you have any questions, need help with translations, anything at all, we are here to help, so just ask.

Good luck in your research & keep us posted on your pogress.

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
PaulaMT
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut

Re: Molo Palermo Sicily - Waldensian Church

Post by PaulaMT »

Thank you again... I'll check it out!
Paula M. T.
Post Reply