Staricco family from Borgio Verezzi to Peru to US

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
pequele
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Mar 2003, 00:00

Staricco family from Borgio Verezzi to Peru to US

Post by pequele »

I am looking for anyone searching the Staricco name that originated in Borgio Verezzi.

Giovanni Bautista Staricco b 1851 went to Lima Peru where he met Angela Tiscornia b 1859 in Italy. They married there and had at least 2 children, Rose b 1880 and Mary b 1877 before moving to the US and settling in CA. They had at lest 3 more children, Cosmos and Damon b 1890 (twins) and Columbo b 1892. I think they had 3 more children but where and when I do not know. Angela's mother's maiden name is Gianocchio.

Anyone else searching these names?
Gaffn87991
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 04:29

Re: Staricco family from Borgio Verezzi to Peru to US

Post by Gaffn87991 »

Hello, I am searching information for a friend who is a Staricco. I didn’t know this family went to Peru first. How did you find that out?
User avatar
pequele
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Mar 2003, 00:00

Re: Staricco family from Borgio Verezzi to Peru to US

Post by pequele »

I learned the information from my grandmother (a Staricco) about where her grandparents were married and 2 of her aunts were born. I have records from LDS of the marriage, birth, and baptism records there. Info about the family coming to SF, California and later I having more children. I have previously had contact with Borgio Verezzi regarding the Staricco before leaving to go to Peru. Many Italians settled in Peru and Argentina and some later moved to the US while others stayed south.
Post Reply