No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration route

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by suanj »

Hi I found a Camilla Duci age 32 in 1891 in travel with Francesco Pistano(?) age 5 and Brigida Pistano age 12.. any suggestions will be helpful

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7051 ... urgbl7.jpg

in same travel(line 2) a Luca Adduci and maybe the surnames could be mistaken
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
dloper3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Washington State USA

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by dloper3 »

Oh my GOSH ! I think I have found the connection to Illinois....
1910 United States Federal Census > Illinois > Cook > Chicago Ward 15 > District 739 page 27/29 - -

Frank Petticora is living with Antonio Basile. Brigida Basile was Simone Petticora's mothers maiden name. This Antonio may be her younger brother (born about 1860). Frank Petticora in this 1920 census shows his immigration year as 1904.

Simone Petticore (who had Bridgette, Anthony, Frank, James) parents were Antonio Petticora (no other info known) and Brigida Basile (no other info known). So - this may be the missing link to Illinois. THANK YOU !!! I had not seen this family in Illinois. I notice there are lots of PUTTacora in Cook County - so I will take a look at that also.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by wldspirit »

Then who is this Frank???

1910 United States Federal Census
about Frank Petticore
Name: Frank Petticore
Age in 1910: 22
Estimated birth year: abt 1888
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's name: Simoen
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: Sedro Woolley Ward 3, Skagit, Washington
Marital Status: Single
Gender: Male
Year of Immigration: 1889
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Simoen Petticore 60
Frank Petticore 22
James Petticore 16
Raphael Freese 19


wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by wldspirit »

1920 census....

1920 United States Federal Census
about Frank Peticore
Name: Frank Peticore
[Frank Petrone]
Home in 1920: Sedro-Woolley, Skagit, Washington
Age: 33 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Gertrude
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Own
Year of Immigration: 1892
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 398
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Frank Peticore 33
Gertrude Peticore 23
Maxine L Peticore 3 3/12


wldspirit
User avatar
dloper3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 26 Nov 2006, 00:00
Location: Washington State USA

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by dloper3 »

I don't know who this Frank Petticore in 1910 in Cook, Illinois is now. Now that I pay closer attention to his age - he is 10 years older than the Frank in Sedro Wooley. However, the Basile relationship is too coincidental to ignor. I am certain of the Skagit/Sedro Wooley 1910/1920 relationship. This is a puzzlement. I need to dig deeper into the Basile side and see why Antonio's children were in the orphanage in Illinois. There must be a story here. Need to be off to work for the day - But, I will start again tonight. Hang in there with me, I do appreciate all the help. Thanks, Donna
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by wldspirit »

Well Anthony is in Washington in 1918, living in Kings county, according to his WW1 draft registration. He list wife as MAYME.

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Anthony Petticore
Name: Anthony Petticore
City: Seattle
County: King
State: Washington
Birth Date: 16 May 1876
Race: White
Roll: 1991892
DraftBoard: 5

*the actual date is Sept. 12, 1918*

wldspirit :?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by suanj »

hi abt James Petticore ( 20 Aug 1894) are a ship's manifest of James where are wrote the birthyear as 1893
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: No US Immigration Records- so trying Italia Emigration r

Post by wldspirit »

You are right Suanj........here is the SS death index:

Social Security Death Index
about James Petticore
Name: James Petticore
SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx
Last Residence: Washington
Born: 20 Aug 1893
Died: Apr 1964
State (Year) SSN issued: Oregon (Before 1951

So then Simeone and his wife come to the USA before James birthdate.......and for sure the mother has died before the 1900 census.
Simeone is listed as widowed.


Baci,
Lee
etobia
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 12 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: Corning, NY

Re: NATURALIZATION RECORDS

Post by etobia »

I received this reply to my inquiry about National Immigration and Naturalization records through NARA. (National Archives and Records Administration) Of course I am making a big assumption that you have not used this service.

Here is what I learned:

Citizenship is not required for military service. One becomes eligible
for citizenship after serving in the military, but it is not automatic.
The person would still need to file papers to become a citizen.

Rochester and Buffalo are in the area covered by the United States
District Court for the Western District of New York. The names you
provided are not listed in the index to naturalization for this federal
court (or the district that cover New York City). This usually means
that the people chose to be naturalized in their local county court.
This was often more convenient then traveling to Buffalo.

County Clerk's offices are required to maintain the records of the
county court. Unfortunately, preservation knowledge (and budgets) vary
from location to location. You will find many counties with excellent
records, but you may also find records that are missing due to natural
disasters or neglect.
401 W. 1st St., Corning, NY 14830-2331
Post Reply