De Luca from longobucco
-
Alleycat155
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Apr 2006, 00:00
- Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Contact:
Re: De Luca from longobucco
I know a Lenny DeLuca from Staten Island, NY. His Family moved there from Brooklyn, like many Italian Americans did. I forget his father's name but he ran a Judo or Karate school on Staten Island.
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Hello. I also am researching DeLuca. I do not believe these are linked though.
The DeLuca info I have is:
Vernon DeLuca (my grandfather) 8/3/1925 - 12-28-1971
and his father Joseph (Guiseppe) DeLuca 10/12/1888 - 9/23/1976 born in Palermo, Sicily. (married to Anna Mundt)
I am not certain to when Joseph came to the US but he passed away in Buffalo, NY.
I have not been able to research further or find an immigration report.
If I am able to gain any more information or find a link, I will let you know.
-Frank
The DeLuca info I have is:
Vernon DeLuca (my grandfather) 8/3/1925 - 12-28-1971
and his father Joseph (Guiseppe) DeLuca 10/12/1888 - 9/23/1976 born in Palermo, Sicily. (married to Anna Mundt)
I am not certain to when Joseph came to the US but he passed away in Buffalo, NY.
I have not been able to research further or find an immigration report.
If I am able to gain any more information or find a link, I will let you know.
-Frank
Looking for information on the names:
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo
Any help is greatly appreciated.
D'Amore, DeLuca, Cordova, Russo, Petrino, DiGiacomo
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Here is a link to Joseph Deluca & family 1930 census information.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/593/ ... 9304kb.jpg
On this census, it shows he came to US in 1907 and he is naturalized.
What records do you have on this family and what are you looking for?

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/593/ ... 9304kb.jpg
On this census, it shows he came to US in 1907 and he is naturalized.
What records do you have on this family and what are you looking for?
Re: De Luca from longobucco
I am in the process of researching my ancestry and found that my g-grandmother was Carolina De Luca, from Palermo. She married Mario Tortora, who was also born in Palermo. They immigrated to Brooklyn, NY USA in 1903.
There was a lot of violence with this family. Mario shot and killed his cousin before he eventually was shot in the face (and survived). Carolina was known to dip Mario's bullets in poison.
Both of them moved back to Palermo in the 1940s and eventually died there.
Does anyone have any information regarding them or any ideas when I can find more details?
Thanks in advance.
There was a lot of violence with this family. Mario shot and killed his cousin before he eventually was shot in the face (and survived). Carolina was known to dip Mario's bullets in poison.
Both of them moved back to Palermo in the 1940s and eventually died there.
Does anyone have any information regarding them or any ideas when I can find more details?
Thanks in advance.
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Hello,jj_nycguy wrote:I am in the process of researching my ancestry and found that my g-grandmother was Carolina De Luca, from Palermo. She married Mario Tortora, who was also born in Palermo. They immigrated to Brooklyn, NY USA in 1903.
There was a lot of violence with this family. Mario shot and killed his cousin before he eventually was shot in the face (and survived). Carolina was known to dip Mario's bullets in poison.
Both of them moved back to Palermo in the 1940s and eventually died there.
Does anyone have any information regarding them or any ideas when I can find more details?
Thanks in advance.
you can request, having more details, their birth, marriage and death certificate to
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Giulio Cesare 52
90127 Palermo
Italy
attach to your request your ID photocopy + envelope + international reply coupon + 15 eurocents for each certificate,
bye Riccardo
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Thank you, Riccardo.
Do you know where I can find a sample letter, written in Italian? I can read Italian but my writing is poor. Additinally, do you have the contact information for the village of Montemiletto? I'd like to send a letter there, too.
Thanks again.
Regards,
John
Do you know where I can find a sample letter, written in Italian? I can read Italian but my writing is poor. Additinally, do you have the contact information for the village of Montemiletto? I'd like to send a letter there, too.
Thanks again.
Regards,
John
Re: De Luca from longobucco
To send a letter in Italian use this link, very useful
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
The civil record office in Montemiletto is to the following address
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 2
83038 Montemiletto (AV)
Italy
you can also find the Montemiletto civil records to
Archivio di Stato di Avellino
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... VELLINO%22
or you can rent Montemiletto civil record microfilms to FHL (mormon church)
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp
The civil record office in Montemiletto is to the following address
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 2
83038 Montemiletto (AV)
Italy
you can also find the Montemiletto civil records to
Archivio di Stato di Avellino
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... VELLINO%22
or you can rent Montemiletto civil record microfilms to FHL (mormon church)
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Hi,
I am also looking for DeLuca's. My ggrandmother was Leonilda DeLuca. I am not sure if this is the correct spelling of her name. We have several documents from the US and it is spelled DeLuco, DeLuzo, DeLuzio, DeLucia, etc.
She came to the United States in 1906 with my ggrandfather Bernardino Bolli. They enterec through New York and went to live around Pittsburgh, Pa. One of the towns listed is Corapolis. They moved to New Jersey, and I found them in the 1930 Census in Penns Grove, New Jersey. She is listed as Merrina - don't understand why. I know where Bernardino was born in Montegallo, LeMarche. Leonilda died in New Jersey in the 1940's. She is buried in New Jersey.
Her mother's maiden name was either Dominca or Domenica.
I searched for DeLuco and found a Castle close to where my ggrandfather lived I don't know if she is any relation to this family.
I know her family had money and they were upset with her when she married my ggrandfather. He returned to Italy and died there in 1968. He lived in Acqusanta Terme. I think he had another wife and two sons.
Any help that I can get in where her family is from would be greatly appreciated.
They made several trips back and forth between the US and Italy. The list trip I found was in 1937 and it states that they were married in Milan, Italy in 1905.
If anyone knows any information or is a relative, neighbor or friend I would greatly appreciate hearing from them.
Thanks,
Rose
I am also looking for DeLuca's. My ggrandmother was Leonilda DeLuca. I am not sure if this is the correct spelling of her name. We have several documents from the US and it is spelled DeLuco, DeLuzo, DeLuzio, DeLucia, etc.
She came to the United States in 1906 with my ggrandfather Bernardino Bolli. They enterec through New York and went to live around Pittsburgh, Pa. One of the towns listed is Corapolis. They moved to New Jersey, and I found them in the 1930 Census in Penns Grove, New Jersey. She is listed as Merrina - don't understand why. I know where Bernardino was born in Montegallo, LeMarche. Leonilda died in New Jersey in the 1940's. She is buried in New Jersey.
Her mother's maiden name was either Dominca or Domenica.
I searched for DeLuco and found a Castle close to where my ggrandfather lived I don't know if she is any relation to this family.
I know her family had money and they were upset with her when she married my ggrandfather. He returned to Italy and died there in 1968. He lived in Acqusanta Terme. I think he had another wife and two sons.
Any help that I can get in where her family is from would be greatly appreciated.
They made several trips back and forth between the US and Italy. The list trip I found was in 1937 and it states that they were married in Milan, Italy in 1905.
If anyone knows any information or is a relative, neighbor or friend I would greatly appreciate hearing from them.
Thanks,
Rose
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Hi Rose,
Do us a favor & start your own post for this family. Will make it easlier for all of us to follow the progress on your family.
Is this your ggrandfather's WWI Draft Registration Card.
Name: Bennie Bolli
City: Not Stated (stated, but can't make it out!)
County: Allegheny
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: 20 May 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1852247
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/840/bolliwwiws3.jpg
Nearest relative: Lanilda Bolli
jcsm
Do us a favor & start your own post for this family. Will make it easlier for all of us to follow the progress on your family.
Is this your ggrandfather's WWI Draft Registration Card.
Name: Bennie Bolli
City: Not Stated (stated, but can't make it out!)
County: Allegheny
State: Pennsylvania
Birth Date: 20 May 1882
Race: White
Roll: 1852247
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/840/bolliwwiws3.jpg
Nearest relative: Lanilda Bolli
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: De Luca from longobucco
vj,
Don't understand! & Babel Fish won't translate.
??????????????
jcsm
Rose,
I also have a WWII Draft card & 1920 census what are possibilities for your ggrandfather. Will link on your new post.
Don't understand! & Babel Fish won't translate.
??????????????
jcsm
Rose,
I also have a WWII Draft card & 1920 census what are possibilities for your ggrandfather. Will link on your new post.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: De Luca from longobucco
oops!
That wasn't a sentence was it?
Hard to read city on WWI Draft Registration Card is Coraopolis, Allegheny, PA
vj
That wasn't a sentence was it?
Hard to read city on WWI Draft Registration Card is Coraopolis, Allegheny, PA
vj
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Does anyone have the address to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile for Tufino, Napoli? I'd like to request the birth & death certificates for my g-grandparents (surname = Tortora & Scottini).
Thanks,
John
Thanks,
John
Re: De Luca from longobucco
Hello,jj_nycguy wrote:Does anyone have the address to the Ufficio dello Stato Civile for Tufino, Napoli? I'd like to request the birth & death certificates for my g-grandparents (surname = Tortora & Scottini).
Thanks,
John
this is the address
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Municipio 1
80030 Tufino (NA)
Italy
Remember to write the request in italian plus add to it a photocopy of your ID+a self addressed envelope to let them answer back+ an Interantional reply coupon.
In this way you are sure they are going to replay to you back somehow.
Happy to help you
bye Riccardo


