Need help!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by brujaojos »

JamesBianco wrote:Suanj, that was what confused me. The birthdates match, the death dates match, the first names match, and the place matches. BUT...they were not of Italian descent. The cemetaries for Neelyville, MO are ONLINE, and searchable, NO Windland, only WINDLE. And to find a Charlie Windle (1892-1973) and wife Ethel (1901-1974) IN Neelyville, MO. Very coincidental. Maybe I have the wrong family, but everything fits perfectly.
Also, sometimes family myth can be wrong. No Charlie Windland in the US in 1930, but only Charlie WINDLE and in the SAME place she said her great grandfather died.
Dear James (waving hello),

Great work! I too found the same census as you did as well as the Neelyville Online Database. I too agree that its the same family, however, the person who posted the original post (tasharena) needs to get back to us to confirm some things. Tasharena also needs to get more documentation on her ancestors as proof to who they really were.

(Rule of thumb for anyone doing genealogy research - You are supposed to have at least 3 documents to prove who a person is. - This rule is extremely crucial to those trying to get into DAR.)

Missouri has great information online, espeically St. Louis. Here is a link for Missouri Naturalization Records, it's not a completed list, but its a start for those who are researching Missouri. http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/naturalization/

Smile for me! :)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by JamesBianco »

Trish, I am not surprised at all you already found this..you are brilliant!! :)
Of course if this is the right family, we have a problem..no link to Italy.
I even (for curiosity) looked into THIS Charlie further and he was in fact born in Illinois, and raised in Iowa. But, as you pointed out, the ball is in Tasharena's court, confirming our finds or telling us that we have the wrong family. If we do have the wrong family, her great grandfather was pretty elusive, escaping the 1920 and 1930 Census Enumeration, and having an unmarked grave down in Neelyville.

Jim :)
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by JamesBianco »

:wink: Suanj..I agree!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by suanj »

JamesBianco wrote:Suanj, that was what confused me. The birthdates match, the death dates match, the first names match, and the place matches. BUT...they were not of Italian descent. The cemetaries for Neelyville, MO are ONLINE, and searchable, NO Windland, only WINDLE. And to find a Charlie Windle (1892-1973) and wife Ethel (1901-1974) IN Neelyville, MO. Very coincidental. Maybe I have the wrong family, but everything fits perfectly.
Also, sometimes family myth can be wrong. No Charlie Windland in the US in 1930, but only Charlie WINDLE and in the SAME place she said her great grandfather died.
Yes, dear james, I understand, but if Charlie Windland was bor in 1892, this Charlie Windle was born in 1895, and in Illinois... all that I found, about similar spelling of "Windland" in italian spelling similar, well are "Wandale" from Italy, sure mistaken from original VENTOLA.. are an Wandale in St Louis, and an Wandale in Chicago... strange question, I think that the traslation about Windland(Terra del Vento) is most summary.... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by JamesBianco »

Suanj..the census records are often off by a couple years.

The burial record :

Neelyville is in Butler County, MO.
WINDLE, Raymond P. 14 Feb 1924 - 17 Jun 1986 -| [Double

WINDLE, Vega E. 6 Apr 1923 -| Stone]

WINDLE, Charley 1892 - 1973 -| [Double

WINDLE, Ethel Lee 1901 - 1974 -| Stone]

WINDLE, Ray Franklin 20 May 1922 - 28 Jul 1973 MO Pfc Army WW II

Matches the Social Security data for Charles WINDLAND.
And the 1930 Census I have listed is exactly the same man listed above.
The chances of Two Charlie's married to Two Ethel's with the EXACT same birth/death years in the exact same town...is tremendously small.

Neelyville, Missouri
Population (year 2000): 487

Jim :)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by suanj »

ok James........
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Essgee
Master
Master
Posts: 777
Joined: 12 Mar 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by Essgee »

In addition:

There is also a Charles Querio married to an Ethel born Italy around 1896 in the Jasper Census of 1930 and a Charles Davino married to an Ethel born in 1892 in St. Louis census of 1930, a Charles J. Calloni born Italy married to an Ethel in St. Louis of 1930.

However, I would tend to think James hit the nail on the head. What we need, is for her to come back to the forum and tell us if what you listed as the children co-incides with all the other info she might have. I think there is an aspect of someone in the family being "Italian" but she may be off on which branch is which since she is dealing with what has been told to her, rather then what is verified.

She needs to come back and tell us what works. Even if it is not an Italian family, there is much someone can help her with in getting her pointed in the right direction...like James and Trish have provided with a tie in with the Missouri records.

Hopefully, she will respond!
User avatar
LILLEE0202
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 00:00
Location: QUEENS, NY

Re: Need help!!

Post by LILLEE0202 »

Wow! You all did this work for this person. You all did a fine job and I hope this person responds soon.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1061
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by brujaojos »

LILLEE0202 wrote:Wow! You all did this work for this person. You all did a fine job and I hope this person responds soon.
Dear Lillee,

Thank you for the compliments for everyone in the group! We are all here to help the best that we can.

If you have any questions for yourself, please start a new post and we'll try to help you too.

Also, we do wish the original poster/postee would get back to us to clarify information for us.

Have a great day and thank you for the nice words.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by JamesBianco »

LILLEE0202 wrote:Wow! You all did this work for this person. You all did a fine job and I hope this person responds soon.
Isn't this place amazing? With wonderful people such as Suanj (and others) actually IN Italy to the amazing Deb, Trish Essegee and Maria here in this country(to name just a few), this is one of the most resourceful Italian Forums on the net.
You guys are the best!

:) Jim

ps--what DID happen to the originator of this thread anyway?
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Need help!!

Post by VaDeb »

I followed this one and have also wondered what happened to the origianl poster. Hopefully they will pop back in. Would be nice to hear how this one worked out.

Debbie
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Need help!!

Post by mfjp »

Thank you James for the kind words.

I didn't do too much for this topic, though I have followed it from the very beginning. I tried to look for manifests with an Italian surname... but then thought I would wait till more info was uncovered... and the info that was uncovered was great...

You guys are great... :!:

If the original poster is reading all these messages, I hope all is well with you.

mfjp
User avatar
ggriff
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Nov 2006, 00:00

Re: Need help!!

Post by ggriff »

Could their name have been Venturella?
User avatar
candyvo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Need help!!

Post by candyvo »

Greetings,
Most Venturellas are from Sicily. They hail from Caccamo, Sciara and Monrealle among other cities. A family of Venturellas settled in Missouri. Most Venturellas who immigrated to the US settled in New York, New Orleans and in Chicago Heights, Il.

Candy Venturella
shacate
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 06 May 2011, 21:18

Re: Need help!!

Post by shacate »

Candy,
You seem to know a lot about the name Venturella. My husband is John Venturella and we are traveling to Sicily and wanted to see if he had any relatives still there. Unfortunately we dont have a lot of information. His grandfathers name was Domenick( born around 1881) and he married a Jennie Mazzola. He came to New York as a young man and lived in Castelbuono near Palermo. Any information you have would be appreciated as I am running into a dead end. Thanks
Post Reply