I am looking for information on my great-grandparents.
Giovanni Battista Zerbo and Carmela Melodia (Zerbo),
born 16 Aug 1869 and 1 Apr 1876, respectively.
They had 5 kids:
Francesca- Born Palermo, Italy
Giovanni- Born Tunisia, Africa French Colony
Leopoldo- Born Palermo, Italy
Giuseppina- Born Palermo, Italy
Erminia- Born Tunisia, Africa French Colony
Father arrived in US late 1910 on Calabria
Wife and Children arrived in US late 1911.
I would like to find some information about their Italian roots. I have all the US records of them, mostly, and would like to possibly find a town they were in, where Giovanni Battista or Carmela's family was from, etc.
I'm a newbie on this board, so sorry I don't exactly know what to do. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!,
David
Surname Zerbo
Re: Surname Zerbo
Hello David,DASchwartz4 wrote:I am looking for information on my great-grandparents.
Giovanni Battista Zerbo and Carmela Melodia (Zerbo),
born 16 Aug 1869 and 1 Apr 1876, respectively.
They had 5 kids:
Francesca- Born Palermo, Italy
Giovanni- Born Tunisia, Africa French Colony
Leopoldo- Born Palermo, Italy
Giuseppina- Born Palermo, Italy
Erminia- Born Tunisia, Africa French Colony
Father arrived in US late 1910 on Calabria
Wife and Children arrived in US late 1911.
I would like to find some information about their Italian roots. I have all the US records of them, mostly, and would like to possibly find a town they were in, where Giovanni Battista or Carmela's family was from, etc.
I'm a newbie on this board, so sorry I don't exactly know what to do. Can anyone help me?
Thanks!,
David
this is what you should do:
write a request, only in italian, asking for integral copy of birth record of your ancestor and his kids, writing their date of birth.
You can also request integral copy of marriage record, for sure it took place some year earlier than the first child was born.
Put the request in the envelope + add another envelope (a big one and self addressed) for the reply + add a couple of international reply coupons + add a photocopy of your ID + 5 eurocent for each document you request (35 eurocent as a total) and send everything to:
Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Giulio Cesare 52
90127 Palermo
Italy
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

