trying to trace relatives
trying to trace relatives
looking for faimily francesco maculan
son was pio maculan who miggrated to australia
son was pio maculan who miggrated to australia
There are 342 persons, mostly from the veneto region whose surname is Maculan so if you know the town of origin for the family that wouod be a great help in pinpointing the family since all records in Italy are in the town of origin. Can you plase be more forthcoming with information as to approximate3 years you are talking about when youj say Immigration to Australia? Do you know where in Australia he may haver immigrated to like Victoria or New South Wales or Perth in West Australia etc etc. Peter
trying to find me relatives
Yes, I do know where my grandfather migrated to . He migrated to Australia in a place called Rosewood which is in the state of Queensland.
His mothers name was Antonia Bagio and his fathers name was Francesco Maculan. They also migrated to Australia but I do noit know when. My grandfather was born 16th May 1904 Centrale Vicenza Italy.
My grandmother was born 1st March 1911 at Piovene Vicenza Italy.
Her mothers name was Emilia Targon and her fathers name was Cesare Sbeghen.
My grandfather Pio Maculan came to Australi in about 1917 I think.
Julie to Peter
assuming your still loooking for the records and relatives in town of origin, go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the surname Maculan in the first line and Centrale ( Centrale is a suburb of the comune or town of Zugliano whjere all records are kept ) in the third line and click CERCA for the entire listing of 18 Maculan surnames. There does not appear to bne any for Bagio in Piovene Rochette in the Vicenza province. Please advise what your research objectives are from here so that I may direcxt you accordingly. where in OZ are you? Peter
brown girl
Peter found the site for maculan but I dont speak or read Italian? Anyway you can get it put to English?
My grandfathers mother was Bagio . Antonia Bagio. and his fathers name was Francesco Maculan.
I do know that they came to Australia also but I do not know when? I am trying to get the family tree down on my grandfathers side and also my grandmothers side. I do know there is supposed to be a living relative called Maria Maculan who actually lives in the Maculan house that my grandfather gave to her.
I am in Queensland
Think of tyhe website as a telephone directory in english..name,adddress and town , postal code and province and country. There might be a variation and town comes first and the province is listed as ( PR) but that does not take too much brain power to figure it out. The telephone number speaks for itself and there may be a listing for a business instead of a person which again you can determine yourself.
Now if you go to e-mail: ref@naa.gov.au (national OZ archives) and ask them for assistance in locating arrival data or rummage around in their website www.naa.gov.au or even (god forbid) you want to get back to me so ZI can direct you and chastise you again. Peter
Now if you go to e-mail: ref@naa.gov.au (national OZ archives) and ask them for assistance in locating arrival data or rummage around in their website www.naa.gov.au or even (god forbid) you want to get back to me so ZI can direct you and chastise you again. Peter
hi peter
Hi Peter: in Italy I have not never felt a Bagio last name( sure I cannot know all Italian last names!), but Baggio: Yes!!
Who does not know Roberto Baggio coming from Vicenza area: he is a great champion italian football!!!
kiss from Italy....! Raffaella
Who does not know Roberto Baggio coming from Vicenza area: he is a great champion italian football!!!
brown girl
Peter
I am going by my grandmothers death certificate which says that she died in 1947 on 27 october at Brisbane Hospital. I also have the marrage certificate of my grandfather and grandmother which says her fathers name was Cesare Sbeghen and her mothers name was Emilia Targon.
On the marriage certificate it says that my grandfathers mothers name was Antonia Bagio it was witnessed byArcangelo Zandegiocomo and Angelina Sbeghen on 5th December 1931.
Thatys the information I am going by. Sorry don't mean to lead you up the garden path Peter.
Thanks for your help so far.
Julie
looking for relatives
Went to site that ptimber gave me much not having much luck. Can not speak or read italian. Wish I could it would make things alot easier. Anyone can help
looking for relatives
Ptimber
No I do not expect some one do write all the phone numbers and addresses in english. I just need a little to deciver the Italian words. After all its a bit different to english. I am not a lzy person and am a bit offended by your comment.
julie


