i am just beginning the process of Italian Citizenship and would like to know if anyone knows of a service which is economical to obtain a birth certificate from italy and to do translations. My funds are very limited
I found two sources:
http://www.icgs.com
http://www.icdts.com >>>> This one seems to be a bit cheaper, but I am open to other suggestions
Italy documents and translations
Re: Italy documents and translations
Mler, thanks for responding, but Myfamily.com wants $100 per document and that is very expensive for me. I decided to use the http://www.icdts.com website, as they only want $55 per document and that is half the price. Their translations are also cheap. If you find a place cheaper, please let me know. I appreciate the help.
Re: Italy documents and translations
If you know your ancestor's birthdate and comune of origin, you can order the certificate from the comune or from the state archives in the provincial capital where your ancestor's comune is located. I can easily help you get the addresses if you know your ancestor's comune. Some comuni charge a fee, other's don't, but the fee is reasonable 4 or 5 euro and they allow you to submit in dollars.
As for translations, The International Services Center in Cleveland, Ohio does reasonably-priced translations:
International Services Center
1859 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115
(216) 781-4560
They translated a birth certificate for me for $35 (Italian to English-- I needed it to amend a marriage record at the local probate court).
As for translations, The International Services Center in Cleveland, Ohio does reasonably-priced translations:
International Services Center
1859 Prospect Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115
(216) 781-4560
They translated a birth certificate for me for $35 (Italian to English-- I needed it to amend a marriage record at the local probate court).
- Nello-LosAngeles
- Rookie

- Posts: 71
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 00:00
Re: Italy documents and translations
Gildone is correct. You can do this yourself. There is much help on this board for accomplishing it. The key is the correct comune and the birth dates. The comune I am working with does not charge anything. They even returned my postal coupons. I had 2 birth certificates back in less that 2 weeks.
Nello
Nello

