Kings County Marriage Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
jpgarone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: Chicago, IL

Kings County Marriage Records

Post by jpgarone »

I would like to find out how to order the marriage certificate for grandmother Asunta "Sue" Petruzzi. I know that she was married and widowed and then married again but I don't know the dates. She was born in 1917, so presumably she had her first marriage no earlier than 1933. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the groom as this was always a sort of taboo subject when she was alive. At some point prior to 1947, she married Nicola Garone, who fought in WWII. I have know idea if she knew him and they were married before the war or not.

I've check a database of marriages that goes up to 1938 without any luck. Does anyone have any tips?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Kings County Marriage Records

Post by wldspirit »

You can locate info by sending a request to the following:

http://www.nycmarriagebureau.com/index.htm

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite
Posts: 387
Joined: 01 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Kings County Marriage Records

Post by Poipuo4 »

Have you already checked the databases on www.italiangen.org? If not, the NYC municipal archives can do a search for you if you narrow it down to a range or years and borough. For me, it cost $31 to search 2 boroughs and I think a range of 2 or 3 years.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
User avatar
jpgarone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Kings County Marriage Records

Post by jpgarone »

Yeah, I've checked them and cannot find anything. I just wish I had a better idea of what the dates of marriage were. I have about a 9 year possible range here.
Post Reply