Funny

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by Biff83 »

Brioschi is always on our shopping list when we have the family over for the holdiays as well as a bottle of Fernet Branca.

And yes, Nuccia, I'd write to Rosina and Pasquale. I think they could do a hilarious skit woven around a GPS, even funnier than the OnStar one.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by nuccia »

I'm on they're website now! :lol: :lol: I think I will email them and see what happens. I'm up for a laugh. Let you know what happens.

Lets face it..if you are from Cosenza you can really appreciate their humor, no?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: Funny

Post by Marlena »

I'd have to agree on the fava beans, my Dad grows them every year, he'll be 90 in July, still tractors eight acres, prunes, carries sprinkler pipe and just planted 30 more cherry trees in the hot sun. His sister is 97 and brother 94 !
His fav's are monterey dry jack, french bread, favies and red wine.
Marlene
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
User avatar
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 739
Joined: 15 Feb 2006, 00:00
Location: The Alps - N.Italy

Re: Funny

Post by elba »

See if this brings back memories too????
:D

>The Blue Bottle!<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by nuccia »

Yup..Thats the one...do they still sell it? I think I'll get a bottle for old time sakes. I really feel I could use the "fizz" right about now! Who needs candy when we have this?

This is too funny!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
sheronb
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 156
Joined: 19 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: england

Re: Funny

Post by sheronb »

I just love this website!!! Its great, im learning Italian at present, but boy i hope i sound like them, someday!! Brilliant!

http://www.pasqualeparmiggiano.net/
Tuzi/Lombardozzi/Polsinelli/Tersigni/La Rocca/Gismondi from Sora,Frosinone.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by Biff83 »

More Rosina and Pasquale stuff here. Rated R for language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI9tVRIrjyk
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by JamesBianco »

OMG!!! I almost fell off my chair that was so funny.


Thanks :)
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by Biff83 »

"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
mattera
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 Mar 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by mattera »

Wait a minute! Go back to the original list and look at number 15.

"tomato sauce"? I think you mean "gravy"...

Alex
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by JamesBianco »

mattera wrote:Wait a minute! Go back to the original list and look at number 15.

"tomato sauce"? I think you mean "gravy"...

Alex
I wonder if "Gravy" is a geographic thing, because here in Massachusetts within the Italian community if you asked someone what that word meant they would instantly think of the brown stuff the Ameriganos put on their mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Certainly not a reference to Tomato sauce.

But yea, once in a while I have read some people on this forum mention Gravy, it really sounds alien to me in terms of anything Italian.


Jim :)
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by Biff83 »

It must be geographic. In Pennsylvania where I grew up we called it sauce. But my wife's family who are from Brooklyn call it "gravy." A hint to all the cooks out there who make their own sauce or gravy. Next time you do a pot, use San Marzano tomatoes. That's not a brand but rather the region near Mount Vesuvius where the tomatoes are grown. Something about the ash content in the soil gives them a sweetness which my wife swears by.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
mattera
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 12 Mar 2007, 00:00

Re: Funny

Post by mattera »

Biff,

Thanks for the tip. As for "gravy", we grew up calling it that in Rhode Island. Maybe it is a northeast thing.

Alex
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by wldspirit »

Illinois here.......we called it sauce!!
wldspirit :)
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Funny

Post by JamesBianco »

mattera wrote:Biff,

Thanks for the tip. As for "gravy", we grew up calling it that in Rhode Island. Maybe it is a northeast thing.

Alex
I live in Western Massachusetts and last I heard we were part of the Northeast so I guess it might just be a family to family thing.

:)
Post Reply