I have found information that shows my husbands great-great grandmother to be Angela Calamita. Can't seem to find anything on this line that makes any sense.
Angela's daughter was Madalena (several different spellings) born approx 1890 (I have 3 different years of birth based on records). Supposably she was born in Licate Italy (Sicily).
Angela's husband would be Giuseppe Andre.
I am getting this information from a marriage license issued to Madalena in March of 1927.
Thank you in advance to any information you can supply or direction you can point me in.
Surname Calamita
Re: Surname Calamita
I think the surname corret is CALAMIA
try research ANGELA CALAMIA in the registr of hellis island and you can try 4 name of 21 age born in Licata (Agrigento)
try research ANGELA CALAMIA in the registr of hellis island and you can try 4 name of 21 age born in Licata (Agrigento)
Re: Surname Calamita
Went and looked - she is too young to be the mother of Madalena as Madalena was born in 1890 and these women were born about 1884.
Thanks for trying.
Thanks for trying.
Re: Surname Calamita
ok I hope you try something, but I advis to try MADDALENA with 2 D
I know sicilian name! is probable MADDALENA
I wish you a good day and fortune
I know sicilian name! is probable MADDALENA
I wish you a good day and fortune
Re: Surname Calamita
Thanks - I'll try that.
I've only started researching the Italian line and hoping to discover some of the unique naming conventions.
I've only started researching the Italian line and hoping to discover some of the unique naming conventions.
Grazie mille - Cheryl
