Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Can someone please give me the address of the church of St Eufemia in Teglio Sondrio Lombardy? I am trying to trace the family of my great grandfather Domenico Fanchi who came to Australia in 1862. His parents were Domenico Fanchi and Domenica Buttolo and his grandparents were Bernado Fanco and Maria Bruni. I would be grateful of any information on any of these people regards Phyllys
researching Franchi, Fanche, Fancke surname Australia,Italy, Austria.
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Here is the link to the Teglio Comune details.philbrin wrote:Can someone please give me the address of the church of St Eufemia in Teglio Sondrio Lombardy? I am trying to trace the family of my great grandfather Domenico Fanchi who came to Australia in 1862. His parents were Domenico Fanchi and Domenica Buttolo and his grandparents were Bernado Fanco and Maria Bruni. I would be grateful of any information on any of these people regards Phyllys
>Teglio Comune<
The Comune Offices are shown as being in Piazza Sant'Eufemia 7, so it is almost certain that the church you want is in the same sqaure...
So the address would be:
Parocchia di Sant'Eufemia,
Piazza Sant'Eufemia,
23036 TEGLIO (SO),
Italy.
This is the town's official site:
>Teglio Official site<
In the Teglio phone book there are still 13 people called Fanchi - see here:
>Teglio Phone Book<
Hope these are useful. Teglio is only about 35 miles from where I live in the Valtellina.....
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Hi I am Antonio I can try help you.
I look for church of St Eufemia in Teglio Sondrio but this the result:
Parrocchia Di S. Giacomo (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via S. Giacomo Chiesa, 3
0342 785088
Parrocchia Di Teglio (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Roma, 3
0342 780101
Parrocchia Di Teglio Abitazione Del Vicario (abitazione Del Vicario)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Roma, 3
0342 782220
Parrocchia Di Tresenda (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Nazionale Tresenda, 89
0342 735398
I think is no correct, I think the name of the church of Teglio is not St Eufemia
exist this name S. Eufemia Della Fonte but is in Brescia near Sondrio
Parrocchia Di S. Eufemia Della Fonte Curato Oratorio
25135 Sant'Eufemia Della Fonte (BS) - Via Indipendenza, 35
030 361074
I hope this information is advantagious for you.
regards Antonio
I look for church of St Eufemia in Teglio Sondrio but this the result:
Parrocchia Di S. Giacomo (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via S. Giacomo Chiesa, 3
0342 785088
Parrocchia Di Teglio (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Roma, 3
0342 780101
Parrocchia Di Teglio Abitazione Del Vicario (abitazione Del Vicario)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Roma, 3
0342 782220
Parrocchia Di Tresenda (abitazione Del Parroco)
23036 Teglio (SO) - Via Nazionale Tresenda, 89
0342 735398
I think is no correct, I think the name of the church of Teglio is not St Eufemia
exist this name S. Eufemia Della Fonte but is in Brescia near Sondrio
Parrocchia Di S. Eufemia Della Fonte Curato Oratorio
25135 Sant'Eufemia Della Fonte (BS) - Via Indipendenza, 35
030 361074
I hope this information is advantagious for you.
regards Antonio
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
There is also this site web, you can try to look
http://www.inforovinj.com/itl/rovinj/ku ... femije.asp
http://www.inforovinj.com/itl/rovinj/ku ... femije.asp
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Hops! is strange! I try in italian pagine bianche for Teglio and there is not the name S. Eufemia...
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Hello my name is Phyllys, i do apologise for not replying to yout post before this time. It was a long time ago and so many things happened since I posted on the Italian Genealogy website.elba wrote:Here is the link to the Teglio Comune details.philbrin wrote:Can someone please give me the address of the church of St Eufemia in Teglio Sondrio Lombardy? I am trying to trace the family of my great grandfather Domenico Fanchi who came to Australia in 1862. His parents were Domenico Fanchi and Domenica Buttolo and his grandparents were Bernado Fanco and Maria Bruni. I would be grateful of any information on any of these people regards Phyllys
>Teglio Comune<
The Comune Offices are shown as being in Piazza Sant'Eufemia 7, so it is almost certain that the church you want is in the same sqaure...
So the address would be:
Parocchia di Sant'Eufemia,
Piazza Sant'Eufemia,
23036 TEGLIO (SO),
Italy.
This is the town's official site:
>Teglio Official site<
In the Teglio phone book there are still 13 people called Fanchi - see here:
>Teglio Phone Book<
Hope these are useful. Teglio is only about 35 miles from where I live in the Valtellina.....
I do appreciate you kindness and again I am sorry for such a lon g delay.
kindest regards Phyllys
researching Franchi, Fanche, Fancke surname Australia,Italy, Austria.
Re: Teglio, Sondrio, Lombardy...St Eufemia Church records
Hi Phyllys,
I do hope that you get this message. I have stumbled across your news while planning a trip to Teglio this May 2010 and I think our great grandfathers were best mates or cousins. My great grandfather was Domenico Lorensini who arrived in Melbourne in 1864. He lived at Scotsburn and was joined by his mate Domenico Fanchi. They married two sisters (from the Buckle family) Sarah Lorensini and Elizabeth Fanchi. In 1898 the Fanchi family moved to Boolara in Gippsland, and established a dairy farm. We still have Lorensene's living at Scotsburn and also have 1 uncle left at age 93. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest regards,
Gwen Wallis (Lorensene)
I do hope that you get this message. I have stumbled across your news while planning a trip to Teglio this May 2010 and I think our great grandfathers were best mates or cousins. My great grandfather was Domenico Lorensini who arrived in Melbourne in 1864. He lived at Scotsburn and was joined by his mate Domenico Fanchi. They married two sisters (from the Buckle family) Sarah Lorensini and Elizabeth Fanchi. In 1898 the Fanchi family moved to Boolara in Gippsland, and established a dairy farm. We still have Lorensene's living at Scotsburn and also have 1 uncle left at age 93. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest regards,
Gwen Wallis (Lorensene)


