Dino.
- MikeSavoca91
- Staff

- Posts: 192
- Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 00:00
- Location: ny
Re: Dino.
HAHAHAHA, you sound like me! The movies with Jerry were great, I think I have every CD out there of him. He really was a talent, what do people look at as real talent now...Britney Spears??? I would have loved to meet him...
Re: Dino.
Mike,
Don't ever mention Britney Spears! God how I loathe the woman!
What a piece of work she is...(((shutter, gag, ughhhh)))
Don't ever mention Britney Spears! God how I loathe the woman!
Re: Dino.
She's not as bad as Madonna.nuccia wrote:Mike,
Don't ever mention Britney Spears! God how I loathe the woman!What a piece of work she is...(((shutter, gag, ughhhh)))
Speaking of Italian singers, one of my favorites is Bobby Darin (Walden Roberto Cassotto) whose career was much too short. Great voice and versatile. Not too many people can do rock and roll ("Splish Splash" and "Dream Lover") and be just as comfortable with a big band ("Mack the Knife").
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- MikeSavoca91
- Staff

- Posts: 192
- Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 00:00
- Location: ny
Re: Dino.
Nuccia, I know what you mean she is a piece of work. Biff Bobby Darin was really good too, they just did a movie on him I think. His career was very short, what an odd life he had.
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Dino.
I don't much care for Brittany Spears either, but Madonna is in a completely different category and must be doing something right, she is 48 years old has lasted for 25+ years and drawing sell out crowds at $100 plus a ticket. The woman is amazing, even though I am certainly not a fan.Biff83 wrote:
She's not as bad as Madonna.
Courtney Love on the other hand, now there is a piece of.... um... work!
Re: Dino.
1- I have a special loathing for Madonna, as she took our proud Italian family name and ran it into the ground.
2- As far as modern Italian-American singers, my favorite is Greg Attonito of the punk rock group Bouncing Souls.
3- What about Dion? "Runaway Sue" is a classic.
2- As far as modern Italian-American singers, my favorite is Greg Attonito of the punk rock group Bouncing Souls.
3- What about Dion? "Runaway Sue" is a classic.
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Dino.
Ran it into the ground? I can't see how she has done that at all. Look at some of how todays most popular mainstream artists dress and perform. Did you know Madonna was actually named for her French Canadian mother Madonna Louise Fortin who died when Madonna was 3 years old, the name (at least in her case was not of Italian origin) Or were you talking about Ciccone, her last name?Madonn wrote:1- I have a special loathing for Madonna, as she took our proud Italian family name and ran it into the ground.
In retrospect I am sure there were older people in the 1950s who would have looked at Elvis Presley and his group as scandalous. Madonna has stood the test of time, she is an icon.
dont hate
Re: Dino.
haha, no hate, but our name is now 100x more associated with her than its true meanings (literally "my lady", or you could go the religious route)
Btw, in our case, Madonna is of Italian origin.
I just would rather not have the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear our surname to be a pop singer, regardless how successful she has been.
Btw, in our case, Madonna is of Italian origin.
I just would rather not have the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear our surname to be a pop singer, regardless how successful she has been.



