Need information about a town or city please?
Need information about a town or city please?
I found out my great grandparents came from Carlentini, Sicily and I wanted to find out some information about that area/town of Carlentini (( I think thats how you spell it? )) Any websites or information would be great. Thanks
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Hi and Welcome to the Forum
!
A couple of sites that may help you get
started
. vj
a bit abt Carlentini (in English)
and a neat website
History Italians Omaha (some from Carlentini)
A couple of sites that may help you get
started
a bit abt Carlentini (in English)
and a neat website
History Italians Omaha (some from Carlentini)
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Swipes,
Here's a site but it's in Italian.
http://www.cormorano.net/carlentini/index.html
And another which has been translated into English
http://www.carlentiniarchivio.it/versio ... e/home.htm
And another one in Italian.
http://www.proloco.net/pro-carlentini/menu.html
Hope this helps.
Biff
Here's a site but it's in Italian.
http://www.cormorano.net/carlentini/index.html
And another which has been translated into English
http://www.carlentiniarchivio.it/versio ... e/home.htm
And another one in Italian.
http://www.proloco.net/pro-carlentini/menu.html
Hope this helps.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- MikeSavoca91
- Staff

- Posts: 192
- Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 00:00
- Location: ny
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
That is a good site, if you look around there is a surname checker where you put in your name and see how many people in the town have it.
http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/comun ... ntini.html
I'll look for some more, hope that helps.
Mike
http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/comun ... ntini.html
I'll look for some more, hope that helps.
Mike
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Valarie,
Great find on the Omaha/Carlentini site.
Reprint of an article that appeared in "Our Calabrian Heritage" entitled "Italians In Nebraska.'
http://members.aol.com/GLilli/tales.html#top
Biff
Great find on the Omaha/Carlentini site.
Reprint of an article that appeared in "Our Calabrian Heritage" entitled "Italians In Nebraska.'
http://members.aol.com/GLilli/tales.html#top
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Howdy Biff!
Looks like the same author.
Very interesting article.
I liked your sites, especially the
pictures, really gives a great feel
for the area
!
Valarie
Looks like the same author.
Very interesting article.
I liked your sites, especially the
pictures, really gives a great feel
for the area
Valarie
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Mike, great idea on
checking out the family
names
! Valarie
checking out the family
names
- MikeSavoca91
- Staff

- Posts: 192
- Joined: 23 Jan 2007, 00:00
- Location: ny
Re: Need information about a town or city please?
Thanks Valarie, I did that for my town, and it was great. Savoca is the most popular name in my whole town, so I figured Swipes might like to look and see.
Mike
Mike

