visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
- buzzinrizza
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 03 Jun 2006, 00:00
- Location: Seattle Washington,USA
visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
I feel that I am very close to the last steps in obtaining jure sanguinis, however there is one thing that is causing me a little confusion. I am planning on attemting to apply in Italy and getting a permesso in atessa di cittadinanza to cover me while the process ticks on. I know that you don't need a visa to enter but if you plan on staying longer, you need to come with a visa. I have not seen a visa that seems to fit the purpose of applying for citizinship in Italy. Can one go to Italy without a visa and still apply for a permesso di soggiorno(maybe a tourist permesso) so the process can be started? Any advise would be wonderful
Re: visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
I've heard both that you do and that you don't. I would call your consulate.
Re: visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
Tourist permesso was abolished 2 June 07. There is no visa for applying jus sanguinis in Italy at the present time.
Re: visa needed for jure sanguinis in Italy?
There never was a visa for jure sanguinis. There is a permesso di soggiorno in attesa di cittadinanza, but I've heard both that you need a visa of some sort (extended stay, student, work, etc) in order to get this and that you don't. I guess it depends upon how fast the comune can work. If they can get it done in 90-days or less, then you for sure wouldn't need a visa, but I don't think things usually work that fast.
I should add that ExpatsinItaly has a few personal stories of people who have gone this route.
I should add that ExpatsinItaly has a few personal stories of people who have gone this route.
