I think I just FINALLY figured out where my great grandfather was from: Gragnano, a commune of Naples. However, my greatgrandmother was reportedly from Capodimonte, but also supposedly from Naples (which would make sense with regard to my great grandfather). I have not found, however, a commune in Naples called Capodimonte, only in other parts of Italy, which would NOT make sense with regard to my great grandfather. However, when I looked at a Google map of Gragnano, there seems to be, right next door in fact, a place or highway or something called Capodimonte.
Can anyone help????
CAPODIMONTE
Re: CAPODIMONTE
is it possible that she was from 'Reggia di Capodimonte' which would have been a 'palace at the top of the mountain'. There was a palace so named in Naples built (I believe) back in the early 18th century. might not hurt to check it out.
)
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: CAPODIMONTE
Capodimonte is an area (quarter) within the Comune di Napoli. It is famous for the Royal Palace (Reggia) and for the porcelain.
Re: CAPODIMONTE
Thanks so much for your responses!! VERY helpful!
One more: Is this area of Naples close to the comune of Gragnano (also in Naples)?
One more: Is this area of Naples close to the comune of Gragnano (also in Naples)?
Re: CAPODIMONTE
39 km apart:
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/ ... mage2.y=10#
click on search, then click on map for larger detail.
wldspirit
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/ ... mage2.y=10#
click on search, then click on map for larger detail.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: CAPODIMONTE
Thanks everyone!!
Re: CAPODIMONTE
Jen - you also may want to check it out in Google earth.
http://earth.google.com/
You can see satellite images.
http://earth.google.com/
You can see satellite images.

