Hello! Does anyone know when & where in Italy Angelo Rongo married Anna Cattaeno? They had my g. grandfather, Genaro, in Italy about 1855.
Thank you, Marilyn
When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Cattae
- MarilynHayes777
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 May 2007, 00:00
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
I think the best thing to do is to work your way backwards with what you know first. Did Genaro come to America? Do you have an American death certificate to give you a birth date, death date, and place of birth? Do you know if he was a naturalized citizen. If he came to America, do you know if he came through Ellis Island. Search www.ellisisland.org for his manifest. That will give you clues or may even reveal Genaro's place of birth. From there you can go to the next step of where his parents were married. Also www.stevemorse.org is a great search engine for locating manifest.
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
maybe the correct name mother is Anna CATTANEO... suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
I found this record:
Gennaro Ronco Occupation Peasant
Age 24
Sex M
Literacy U
Arrived 16 May 1882
Origin Italy
Port Bordeaux
Last Residence U
Destination New York
Plan Unknown
Ship Chateau Leoville
Passage Unknown
maybe could be your ancestor?
suanj
Gennaro Ronco Occupation Peasant
Age 24
Sex M
Literacy U
Arrived 16 May 1882
Origin Italy
Port Bordeaux
Last Residence U
Destination New York
Plan Unknown
Ship Chateau Leoville
Passage Unknown
maybe could be your ancestor?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- MarilynHayes777
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 May 2007, 00:00
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
Yes! It could be the same. I have the US 1920 census where it stated he immigrated in 1881, the 1930 census which says 1880 & his death certificatee which suggests 1885! So, yes, this could very well fit! How, if it is possible, may I look at the original for other clues? The census documents suggest that his wife, Anna, accompanied him because they gave the same years of immigration - is an Anna with him?
I appreciate your help very much!!!
Marilyn
I appreciate your help very much!!!
Marilyn
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
here the direct link of image ship's manifest; it seem alone, but married, no birthplace just ITALIAN wrote, final destination New York:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6263 ... ncoxn4.jpg
suanj
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6263 ... ncoxn4.jpg
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- MarilynHayes777
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 May 2007, 00:00
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
Thank you!!! BUT...I cannot open the link! I hope there is a way for me to do it! I am anxious to see it!
Marilyn
Marilyn
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
line 294, regards, suanjEnvy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- MarilynHayes777
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 05 May 2007, 00:00
Re: When & where in Italy did Angelo Rongo marry Anna Ca
Great, Thank you. I will keep this in hopes of finding other clues!
Marilyn
Marilyn

