My GGF came over to Liverpool from Atina in 1881 with his father and brother. His name was Pietro Tamburrini (born 1869); his father's name was Dominic. I am trying to find out the name of his brother. Some of my family seem to think he went to America; other's are sure he went to Scotland.
Also, is there any way I can find out the name of the ship they came over on.?
Hope there is someone who can help. Thanks anyway.
family name: tamburrini
- dtambourini
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
- Location: Liverpool
- daddymuzza
- Veteran

- Posts: 138
- Joined: 17 Mar 2005, 00:00
- Location: glasgow
- Contact:
Re: family name: tamburrini
if yer no fast yer last !!!
Re: family name: tamburrini
Pete informed me that you posted on the site. I'm also trying to research my family from Atina, also Tamburrini. Your names and dates don't relate to any of my research. However, if your family research unearths the names Loreto and Fortunato Tamburrini (who married Carolina Spinelli)please get back to me as our families may be intertwined.
Do you know why your family came to the UK? I'm really puzzled as to why my Grandfather moved to Glasgow from Italy.
I've also tried to find records for voyages from Naples to the UK but have been told that they don't exist. The best records seem to be for the voyages to the USA.
Good luck with the search.
Do you know why your family came to the UK? I'm really puzzled as to why my Grandfather moved to Glasgow from Italy.
I've also tried to find records for voyages from Naples to the UK but have been told that they don't exist. The best records seem to be for the voyages to the USA.
Good luck with the search.
Re: family name: tamburrini
Mike
This number should help you get the book.
Terry Cooke's new book 'Little Italy' is on sale now contact Liverpool Connections on 0151 708 6123
See Gravesen may be leaving the bhoys eh! As long as Nakamura doesnt go you should have the SPL in the bag again hopefully!
Cheers
Pete Tambo
This number should help you get the book.
Terry Cooke's new book 'Little Italy' is on sale now contact Liverpool Connections on 0151 708 6123
See Gravesen may be leaving the bhoys eh! As long as Nakamura doesnt go you should have the SPL in the bag again hopefully!
Cheers
Pete Tambo
Re: family name: tamburrini
I do know that a lot of people came from Atina at that time to England my ggparents (Amata's, Battaglias with Tamburrini some where along the line).Tambo wrote:Pete informed me that you posted on the site. I'm also trying to research my family from Atina, also Tamburrini. Your names and dates don't relate to any of my research. However, if your family research unearths the names Loreto and Fortunato Tamburrini (who married Carolina Spinelli)please get back to me as our families may be intertwined.
Do you know why your family came to the UK? I'm really puzzled as to why my Grandfather moved to Glasgow from Italy.
I've also tried to find records for voyages from Naples to the UK but have been told that they don't exist. The best records seem to be for the voyages to the USA.
Good luck with the search.
