MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by suanj »

karendankar wrote:Is there a site that would translate any letter from English to Italian?? I have been asked to provide more information and with the only site given, there is not a form letter available for that.
Grazie,
karen the translation is abt helpful concept of letter; the other phrases are burocracy phrases, without particular meaning... they ask you further deatils for to help you, because by the infos provided by you no success in the civil registries search....
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by wldspirit »

Karen, the Lds does have extensive dates for your town of interest!!!!!

See this link:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile &columns=*,0,0

Steps for using this resource, as written by member Trish:

The proper way of obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center
1. You go to www.familysearch.org

2. Click on the tab on the top right called Library

3. Click on the words Family History Library Catalog

4. Click on the words Place Search and type in the town you are looking for. Then click the word search.

5. A list of the results will show up. (an example: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)

6. Click on the link you are looking for such a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Vital Records. A new page will appear where it will show all the films for Vital Records

7. Click on the link you want such as Death Registries.

8. Click on View Film Notes and a list of the microfilm numbers will appear.

9. Click at the bottom of the page, For a printable copy, click hereand you will get a form to print out with all the film numbers.

10. Click print.



Ordering Microfilm

1. Now the FHC does not have all the microfilm in their possession.

2. You have to order the microfilm which takes 3-4 weeks for it to arrive.

3. It costs about $5.75 a roll for 30 days of viewing time.

4. If you need to renew the microfilm, it cost about $5.50 for another 60 days.

5. If you need to renew it after the 60 days, it will cost another $5.50 and the films can be kept on an indefinite bases.

6. Microfilm must be viewed at the FHC.

7. Copies are $0.35 a page.

Link to find a library near you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Links for two genealogical word list:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... LLatin.ASP

Happy Hunting!! :D
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

Regarding a letter in Italian to research family:

Dear Sirs,
I am researching Francesco MANGANARO, eldest son of Raffaele MANGANARO and Rosa ROMEO. It is stated in family writings he was born abt 1866 in Melito di Porto Salvo, Reggio Calabria, IT. He entered the service and then went to Naples. After he arrived in Naples, he married Olimpia TERRAZZANO born 17-April-1871, Isle of Ischia, Casamicciola Terme, IT. All information would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie,
Karen L Roberts
Karen L Roberts
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by wldspirit »

Karen.....if this isn't translated by this evening....I will pm two members who can help!!
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by ricbru »

Here there is the translation

Egregi signori,
sto cercando informazioni in merito a Francesco MANGANARO, figlio più grande di Raffaele MANGANARO e Rosa ROMEO.
Tra gli appunti di famiglia scopro che lui è nato nel 1866 circa presso Melito Porto Salvo, provincia di Reggio Calabria. Si è recato a Napoli per il servizio militare, dove ha sposato Olimpia TERRAZANO, nata il 17 Aprile 1871 nell'Isola di Ischia, Casamicciola Terme.
Qualunque informazione voi potreste darmi è vivamente apprezzata.
Vi ringrazio anticipatemante

Karen L. Roberts


I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
karendankar wrote:Regarding a letter in Italian to research family:

Dear Sirs,

I am researching Francesco MANGANARO, eldest son of Raffaele MANGANARO and Rosa ROMEO. It is stated in family writings he was born abt 1866 in Melito di Porto Salvo, Reggio Calabria, IT. He entered the service and then went to Naples. After he arrived in Naples, he married Olimpia TERRAZZANO born 17-April-1871, Isle of Ischia, Casamicciola Terme, IT. All information would be greatly appreciated.

Grazie,
Karen L Roberts
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by wldspirit »

Thank you Riccardo.....you are as always, very helpful to all.... :D
Hugs,
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by ricbru »

wldspirit wrote:Thank you Riccardo.....you are as always, very helpful to all.... :D
Hugs,
Lee
It was my pleasure
bye Riccardo
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

Thank you Riccardo. I hope it will help!! I will let you all know! :wink:
Karen L Roberts
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

Thank you, Riccardo, for the translation. Could you please help, again?? I received an answer and not quite sure what it says.

Come già precedentemente cominicato la informiamo che
sin dagli anni 1866 all'anno 1872 non abbiamo trovato nei
nostri archivi nessun MANGANARO Francesco, con le
generalità da voi fornite.

Distinti Saluti

L'ufficiale di Stato Civile
F.to Marino Giuseppe

Thanks to all your help. :D
Karen L Roberts
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by ricbru »

this is the translation

as I already stated I inform you that I didn't find any MANGANARO Francesco with the infos you gave me, between 1866 to 1872
Regards

The registrar
giuseppe MARINO

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

:cry: Okay, does any one have any other ideas since what I sent is what I know and that's all I have?????
Karen L Roberts
User avatar
terrazzano
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: naples
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by terrazzano »

Prego, visiti il sito della famiglia Terrazzano/
Please, go to Terrazzano's family web site:
www.terrazzano.it
Saluti/Best regard
Rosario Terrazzano, Naples
info@terrazzano.net
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

Thank you!! Now if I can understand more Italian??

Karen
Karen L Roberts
User avatar
ornicar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Feb 2008, 13:39

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by ornicar »

Hi everybody,

I found this post by making search on google.
and i was very surprised to found your post!!!
because my father calls Carmelo Manganro and is born in 1937 in melito di porto salvo.
I kwon this town very well , i often go there for my summer hollyday, and i call tell you that there is a lot of Manganaro in this town.
May be i can help you ???

PS: One important thing : I am French so excuse me for my english
User avatar
karendankar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 May 2007, 00:00
Location: RI, USA
Contact:

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Post by karendankar »

Thanks!!!! I would truly appreciate anything you could find on this family. I have included everything in these posts, but if you need something else, just ask!!!!!!
Karen L Roberts
Post Reply