Great-grandmother's First Name

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by wldspirit »

The manifest was checked for date of entry for naturalization process:

http://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/Manifests/

Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
lmegliol
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 24 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by lmegliol »

Thank you. I was just searching for resources that explained how to interpret passenger lists.
User avatar
1cathy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 00:00

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by 1cathy »

Elizabeth=Lucia
User avatar
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff
Posts: 879
Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
Location: Westfield, MA.
Contact:

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by JamesBianco »

1cathy wrote:Elizabeth=Lucia
Lucia=Lucy
Elizabeth=Elizabetta/Elisabetta
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by wldspirit »

I have never heard of Lucia stemming from Elizabetta/Elisabetta...
although there are a number American nicknames stemming from Elizabeth....none of which are Lucy!!

Handy reference for names and the Italian equalivent:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Poin ... ame.html#L
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
shroud97
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 29 May 2006, 00:00

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by shroud97 »

Being familiar with records in Lacedonia, I would say that her mother's maiden name was actually "de Vincentis," which is a name I have in my tree. I'd be very interested to see how we are related; there was really only one main de Vincentis family in Lacedonia.
User avatar
lmegliol
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 24 Jul 2004, 00:00

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by lmegliol »

I sent you a PM.
ald360
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jan 2021, 06:57

Re: Great-grandmother's First Name

Post by ald360 »

Hi! I am not sure what the chances are that you might see this message as this thread has been inactive for quite a long time, but I wanted to reach out as I cam across your post when I searched Pierro. My great grandfather's last name (and grandmother's maiden name) was Pierro and he came to the U.S. in 1918 from Lacedonia, Avellino, Campania, Italy! I wonder if they could have been siblings or cousins? I will also send you a PM!
Post Reply