Hi: My sister and I were in Filettino with our husbands in October, 2007. We were there earlier in August 2007 for the same purpose to visit the comune office and get info on our maternal grandfather, Pasquale Borelli, son of Ippolito Borelli and Anna Bombardieri. Again we failed to get into the comune office for reasons I won't go into. Pasquale or Patsy, my namesake, left Filettino as a boy of 18 to come to America where he settled in Potter County, Pa to work on the legendary logging railroad,the Buffalo and Susquehanna.
However, we were told earlier that records before 1900 were destroyed in a fire. (Patsy was born in 1892 and came to U.S. in 1910.) We visited the cemetery in Filettino this time and discovered one Bombardieri but no Borelli. While in Fiuggi, the spa town, near Filettino I managed to acquire a 2000-2001 phone book for the province of Frosinone with a number of Borelli listings in nearby towns. I intend to contact them. A writer with several books to my credit, I've s written one book on family, "Growing Up Italian in God's Country," I am now attempting to record our travails on the ancestral trail--many of which are humorous.
I will be happy to check aforementioned phone book if anyone has a name they want to search for.
Pat Costa Viglucci
patcosta@rochester.rr.com