Di Pinto ancestry from Bari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

news :
are many Giuseppe Di Pinto on ellis island (also in various surname shape misspelled and many coming from Loseto). Is name very diffused..but our Giuseppe Di Pinto is born in 1880 not 1889..

Giuseppe Di Pinto date of arrival 1902 Loseto, age 23 with others 5 persons coming Loseto(very probable for age, more name and birthplace but transcribed Loreto, from reading Loseto)
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 4405070073
like already spoken in private messages with marcusmouse...


Moreover Marcus has sended photo_church to me and I' m succeeded to put on web : very beautyful and ancient ...please Marcus your photo is on web:

http://matera.site.voila.fr/Chiesa_loseto.eml
Now attend reply from Loseto persons for certainty that this is indeed the church of Loseto, but I'm sure, why cuspid Bell-tower is same 1 only photo of Loseto present on the web..
http://images.google.it/imgres?imgurl=w ... oe%3DUTF-8

and this is church's income
http://www.pegacity.it/donna/case/2235/tenda.htm

:wink: :wink: regards, suanj
marcusmouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 00:00

DiPinto ancestry from Bari

Post by marcusmouse »

I am nowhere near a Mormon church, renting a microfilm would be difficult. I have not gotten to the point of being able to send for forms yet. I am hoping to plan a trip to Bari and get it myself.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: DiPinto ancestry from Bari

Post by suanj »

marcusmouse wrote:I am nowhere near a Mormon church, renting a microfilm would be difficult. I have not gotten to the point of being able to send for forms yet. I am hoping to plan a trip to Bari and get it myself.
Hi Marcus, you write an email to Bari-Loseto Common and ask if your relative is been born in their Comune..is more easy....
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Post by ptimber »

If you wish I can provide yuou with a form letter in italian which you can send for birth.marriage and death records as well as family status cvertificates as Suanj suggested. Peter
marcusmouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 00:00

Di Pinto ancestry from Bari

Post by marcusmouse »

That would be wonderful, thank you very much.
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.circolocalabfrese.org and click under form letters on the left side. Enclose a self addressed envelope and put in a few euros or dollars even though the service is free since it is last priority for them. Do you have the address? Peter
marcusmouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 00:00

DiPinto ancestry from Bari

Post by marcusmouse »

The link is bad and keeps putting me in a error page. If the address of where I am to send the letter is on the website, I will get it, if not can you please verify the link address again?
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Post by ptimber »

marcusmouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 00:00

DiPinto ancestry from Bari

Post by marcusmouse »

I have the form letter now, thank you. Are you suggesting that I DO send money with the form letter? The form letter site said not send money....???Euro or US dollars? 5? 10? 20?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

Hi Marcusmouse: you send an info-fax to this number :+ 39 0805773329 :
text:
------------------------------

"Ripartizione Servizi Demografici
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Bari
Largo Fraccacreta Angelo, 1
70122 Bari (BA)
Italy"

Oggetto: Richiesta riscontro anagrafico relativo a Di Pinto Giuseppe nato probabilmente a Loseto (frazione di Bari) il 3 marzo 1880.

Spett.le Ufficio,

mi chiamo.....(your name) e sono cittadino americano di origini italiane, nipote di Di Pinto Giuseppe, e probabilmente originario di Loseto(BA).

Con la presente il sottoscritto cortesemente chiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio di Stato Civile di effettuare riscontro presso i registri anagrafici di codesto Comune e relativi alla frazione di Loseto se il succitato Di Pinto Giuseppe ivi risulti nato il 3 Marzo 1880.
In attesa di risposta anche tramite email o fax, ringraziando, porgo distinti saluti,


........................your name(and signature)
.........................your address
............................your fax
...........................mailto

------------------------------------------------------------
if instead you want to demand birth certificate you make this letter some
to Bari Common (include 5 euro for birth certificate) :



"Ripartizione Servizi Demografici
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Bari
Largo Fraccacreta Angelo, 1
70122 Bari (BA)
Italy"

Oggetto:Richiesta Estratto dell'Atto di nascita di Di Pinto Giuseppe nato a Loseto (frazione di Bari) il 3 marzo 1880.

Spett.le Ufficio,
mi chiamo.....(your name) e sono cittadino americano di origini italiane, nipote di Di Pinto Giuseppe, originario di Loseto(BA).

Con la presente il sottoscritto richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio di Stato Civile:

- Estratto dell'Atto di Nascita di Di Pinto Giuseppe nato a Loseto il 3 Marzo 1880 da inviarsi all'indirizzo sotto elencato. Non si è in possesso del nome dei genitori.
Accludo alla presente la somma di euro 5 per diritti di segreteria, e qualora altro sia dovuto si prega di comunicarlo.
In attesa di riscontro, si porgono distinti saluti

........................your name(and signature)
.........................your address (and Country)
---------------------------------------------------------

regards suanj(Bari Common on web not have email http://www.comune.bari.it/ )
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Post by ptimber »

I do not know why Suanj sent you these form letters since the ones I gave you are sufficient but i guess she means well. Anyway send$5.00 in dollars or euro bills along with a self addressed envelope and that should do it. Wait 6-8 weeks. The service is normally free but written requests from overseas are low priority for them so you have to give them a tip to get things moving faster. Peter
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

YYYYPPPPPPIIIEEEEE Marcus:Good news:
this church is San Giorgio's church of Loseto(Bari)..my friend Antonio Forte in Bari reply my email..now sure Giuseppe Di Pinto is been born in Loseto!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: regards, raffaella
User avatar
ptimber
Master
Master
Posts: 5056
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Location: ny

Post by ptimber »

There are 2 churches in Loseto. Go to www.parrocchie.it and put in LOSETO where it says "citta" on the right side. peter
marcusmouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 15 Nov 2003, 00:00

Di Pinto ancestry from Bari

Post by marcusmouse »

Thank you so very much for all your help
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Post by suanj »

Thanks Peter for your help: on white pages, I had not found.... now all is ok for Sharlene!! Thanks, Raffaella :wink: :wink: :wink:
Post Reply