My great grand father is Leonardo Demarco born 1886 in Bari Bitetto. He arrived in the USA in 1903, went back to Italy in 1912 where he married Donata Loverro born in 1893 of Bitetto. They then traveled together in 1913 to the USA.
They lived in Kings County Brooklyn.
On his 1918 WWI draft card, he lists Alien. On the 1930 Census, he lists NA for naturalized. My grand father was born before 1918. So, it seems that I now need to locate the final piece of the puzzle, his Naturalization Certificate.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
that link did not work for me. came up with error..
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
is this what you found
1926 193 49377 d562?
1926 193 49377 d562?
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
if this is the correct information, will obtaining a copy be good enough for the Italian consulate? or will i still need to wait years like other have had to do for an official copy (if that makes any sense) ???
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
Yes. You now know the place and date of the naturalization record. That should make it easier.
DeMarco Leonardo 1926 193 49377 D562
Someone else here should be able to tell you how to get the record from NY Eastern District Court.
DeMarco Leonardo 1926 193 49377 D562
Someone else here should be able to tell you how to get the record from NY Eastern District Court.
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
http://www.italiangen.org/Naturalizatio ... enSite.pdf
will sending this form do the job or is there another step i am missing?
will sending this form do the job or is there another step i am missing?
Re: I have everything I need except for Naturalization info
Looks like that will work.
Good luck
Good luck

