Relatives in Canada.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by nuccia »

Don't thank me yet..lets see if we can get you some real answers. I may try and find the time to drive up to the cemetery on the weekend (no guartanees though since its a bit far for me, but I'll try) and see who else is buried around her.

I was hoping she would be buried at the cemetery nearby, then I could walk over but most of the Italians were buried at Holy Cross, including my own relatives.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by nuccia »

Hi Antonio..

The cemetery called me back with some info..some of it may be private so I will PM it to you (like the address they lived at).

Maria died July 1, 1973 and was buried July 4, 1973.

Now..Maria Donata was buried Row 29, Section 10, Lot 40
Buried beside her is Donato Colgero Row 29, Section 10, Lot 39.

Maria Donato is the registered owner of the plots. Not sure if its the same Maria though they both resided at the same address...both are buried extra deep...

Does this help you at all so far?

*edit: Included death and burial dates
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 182
Joined: 18 May 2005, 00:00

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by antonio43 »

Thanks Nuccia, for all your help.
User avatar
dee32
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Sep 2007, 00:00
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by dee32 »

Hello everybody! I have been following Antonio's posts for a few weeks. Perhaps I could help. I am a decendent of Anobile, Cerabino, Bruscella, Travascio and Pacella of Genzano, Banzi, and Acerenza. In answer to Billiedekids manifest referencing Maria Donata, the mother's name is Serafina Anobile, the children's names are Cerabino. If you look closely, "Cerabino" was written over with the word "daughter". They were going to meet up with Serafina's son VitoAntonio in Coney Island. The mystery for me is the manifest shows that they are going to stay with "Uncle John DeFato". I have access to the Genzano films. I will be ordering Banzi and Acerenza if I could be of any help let me know. Aside from Giuseppe Savino, who else is Antonio trying to locate?
User avatar
antonio43
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 182
Joined: 18 May 2005, 00:00

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by antonio43 »

Dee 32.
Thanks. I wrote you a private message
User avatar
markrobinson
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 00:00
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by markrobinson »

Hi There I am interested in finding more of my Pacella ancestors as well..

My Grandfather was Fernando Pacella born 1908 in Porto San Giorgio, Ascoli Piceno and died in 1973 in Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada. He had many brothers and sisters; Americo, Antonio, Bruno, Guido, and Maria. Unfortunately I do not know any dates for them. I do know that at one time Bruno Pacella lived in Hamilton, Ontario until returning to Italy and one of his sons still lives there.

Their parents are Vitantonio Pacella (1864-1919) and Assunta Paci (1871-1938)

If you can link to any of this information please let me know!
Thanks,
Mark
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by nuccia »

Mark,

You may have more luck if you start your own post. To start a New Topic, you can click on the icon below my post that says New Topic and copy and paste your request.

BTW..I live in Canada ..... about an hour away from Hamilton.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Brock1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Apr 2008, 14:55
Location: Maryland

Re: Relatives in Canada.

Post by Brock1 »

Hello All ... I hope that this thread is still active.
I have stumbled across this thread and apologize for "crashing". I am tracing relatives back to Genzano and noticed your "Uncle John Defato".
I too have a relative who emigrated from Genzano and listed an "Uncle John Defato" in Hoboken (eventually moved to Brooklyn). My great grandfather Nicolo Loguercio and great grandmother Rosa Granieri - are from Genzano who came to New York in the 1st decade of the 20th century.
If anything listed here ring any bells - i'd be glad to share information.

Thanks !
Post Reply