Vice consul in italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
lindagro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Nov 2007, 15:19

Vice consul in italy

Post by lindagro »

Not sure where to post this - but here goes.
My husbands gr.uncle George William Grounsell was appointed vice consul in Naples 1913. His last position was in Bordighera 1934. We don't believe he returned to England so is there any way of finding out what became of him in Italy after 1934?

lindagro
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Vice consul in italy

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Lindagro and welcome to the forum.

I found this for birth/christening
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Search/ ... search.asp

And I did find a family that has the family tree. Perhaps you could contact them to see if they might have information to share.
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~grounsel/grtree.html

So far I've found nothing else. But I will continue to look.

Regards,
Elizabeth
User avatar
lindagro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Nov 2007, 15:19

Re: Vice consul in italy

Post by lindagro »

Hi Elizabeth thanks for your reply. I've got the Familysearch entry and will try the other link you suggested.

Thanks again
Linda
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Vice consul in italy

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Linda,

Let us know if the family link turns up any good news for you.
Post Reply