I need help in directing a request.
I am trying to locate a relative on my wife's side of our italian heritage.
The individual was in the Italian Carabinieri and was from the province of Avellino. His last duty station was in the province of Paganica.
The carabinieri I'm sure would have the complete history on this individual.
I do not know how to make contact with the carabinieri in that region or if the carabinieri would open their records? What would be the proper way to
initiate this request?
Carabinieri Enlistment Records
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Carabinieri Enlistment Records
Paganica is now a hamlet of L'Aquila (the main town in Abruzzo). You may try to write to the Carabinieri with this Address:
Carabinieri
Stazione di Paganica
67100 L'Aquila
Italy
Carabinieri
Stazione di Paganica
67100 L'Aquila
Italy
Re: Carabinieri Enlistment Records
You can request the Ruolo Matricolare of your ancestor also by :bemer325 wrote:I need help in directing a request.
I am trying to locate a relative on my wife's side of our italian heritage.
The individual was in the Italian Carabinieri and was from the province of Avellino. His last duty station was in the province of Paganica.
The carabinieri I'm sure would have the complete history on this individual.
I do not know how to make contact with the carabinieri in that region or if the carabinieri would open their records? What would be the proper way to
initiate this request?
Spett.le Ufficio Storico
Comando Generale dell'Arma dei Carabinieri
Viale Romania 45,
00197 Roma (RM)
Italy
email: carabinieri @ carabinieri.it (NO spaces)
providing the birthdate and birthplace of your ancestor... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Carabinieri Enlistment Records
Grazie Livio e Suanj,
I had sent an e-mail to the carabieri link about a week ago. All I received was an automatic e-mail confirming receipt.
I will try the L'Aquila Carbinieri from Livio and the web-links from sunj are
a good place to get the search moving.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Richard
I had sent an e-mail to the carabieri link about a week ago. All I received was an automatic e-mail confirming receipt.
I will try the L'Aquila Carbinieri from Livio and the web-links from sunj are
a good place to get the search moving.
Thank you again.
Regards,
Richard

