Help, please!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
denissebarilani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
Location: Stockholm,Sweden

Help, please!

Post by denissebarilani »

Hi, I'm searching for my ancestors in Italy. I'm a beginner and I don't know much about how to locate old records.

I know that my family came from northern Italy, and I've found records of people with the same last name around the places my grandparents lived, but I can't seem to find them.

I need some help on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Denisse
User avatar
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00

Re: Help, please!

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Denisse....First I would list your Grand Parents names and towns that they came from.....You might find someone with access to records(information) that way....If your lucky you might even find relatives still living there.....

Tony
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Help, please!

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Denise and welcome to the forum. Can you give additional information?

Full names, approximate year(s) of birth, town, province or region in Italy, what year(s) did they arrive in the US, where they settled, names of their siblings etc.

The more information you can give the easier it will be for people on the forum to help you.

Regards,
Elizabeth
Post Reply