Census in Southamerica
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Census in Southamerica
Does anyone know how to acess census from southamerica or Italy?
Can you o through the internet?
Thanks,
Denisse
Can you o through the internet?
Thanks,
Denisse
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
what country are you talking about? =Peter=
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Re: Census in Southamerica
Uruguay. So many italians imigradet Uruguay that there has to be some information about them, right?
Denisse
Denisse
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Right! will get back to you but perhaps you might wish to advise us just what your research objectives are in a more specific fashion? =Peter=
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Re: Census in Southamerica
I'm searching for my ggparents that immigrated Uruguay between 1890-1900. Luis (or Luigi) Barilani and his wife Catalina Artino. Not sure if they had any children then. Anyone named Barilani coul be of importance, since there are so few of us in Uruguay.
I'm also searching for Luis Barilani's parents in Italy. Giuseppe Barilani(born 1839)and Rosalia Lombardini in Lombardia.
Thanks for your help! Not sure what else I can tell you. Ask if more information is needed.
Thanks again
Denisse
I'm also searching for Luis Barilani's parents in Italy. Giuseppe Barilani(born 1839)and Rosalia Lombardini in Lombardia.
Thanks for your help! Not sure what else I can tell you. Ask if more information is needed.
Thanks again
Denisse
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Dear Denisse as you know there are 5 Barilani listed as living in Montevideo and 1 out of town. I suspect they are all related to you. Preesently there are 38 citiesa, towns and villages in Lombardia that have persons surnamed barilani in Lombarfdia region which has 9 provinces. There are twice as many for Lombardini in Lombardia as well. In Italy most documents, familuy history etc are in the city,town or village of origin and this is what you and I will seek out. By the way who is Lombardini? and how is she rerlated to you? I will get back to you in a short while for the adress of the office in montevideo where you can get this information. =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Dear Denisse send an e-mail (preferably in spanish and english) to EYARZA@MOVINET.COM.UY and ask them for information you seek. Since you appear to live in Uruguay and,hopefully in Montevideo also check out the Instituto de estudios Genealogicos de Uruguay en la calle Convencion 1366. It may be they moved but I do know they have microfilms of baptisms,marrriages and deaths of the Catedral Metropolitana (Depto de Montevideo) and San Jose (Depto de San Jose) and Minas (depto de Lavalleja). I hope this helps. Please get back to me so I know what is going on in beautiful Uruguay...=Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Dear Denisse further since you reside in Uruguay try wriuting or calling the Instituto Urugayo de la Imigracion, Calle Rambla 25 de Mayo,1895 s/m Adminsitracion Nacional de Puertos, Montevideo since they kept immigrant records but the exact dates are unknown. There is also a group of Immigrants from lombardia in Paysandu province who I have already contacted for any information and will let you know what they say. =Peter=
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Re: Census in Southamerica
Thank you so much for all your help! I feel kind of lost in the genealogy area 
Luis Barilani was my ggfather, Rosalia Lombardini was his mother. Don't know more than her name. Don't know if that's what you wanted to know....
I have a document that I think may be the birthcertificate of Luis Barilani, that's how I know his parents names.
As much as I would love to go to all those places I can't, I live in Sweden.
I have relatives in Montevideo that I can ask, but they all work most part of the day.
I still can't believe you found so much information, and so fast. Very impressed!
Denisse
Luis Barilani was my ggfather, Rosalia Lombardini was his mother. Don't know more than her name. Don't know if that's what you wanted to know....
I have a document that I think may be the birthcertificate of Luis Barilani, that's how I know his parents names.
As much as I would love to go to all those places I can't, I live in Sweden.
I have relatives in Montevideo that I can ask, but they all work most part of the day.
I still can't believe you found so much information, and so fast. Very impressed!
Denisse
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Didf you send an e-mail Eyarza@movinet.com.uy asking them if they can research for a record for Luis Barilani giving them all the information and asking them what they will charge (maybe they can get someone to do the checking for you on their lunch hour).=Peter=
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Re: Census in Southamerica
I haven't had the time. But I'll be sure to do it this week.
By the way, who am I sending this to?
By the way, who am I sending this to?
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Census in Southamerica
Instituto estudios genealogico de uruguay in Bartolito Mitre 2807 Montevideo. Their telephone number is (598 2) 791579. By the way are you in Montevideo now? =Peter=
- denissebarilani
- Newbie

- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 18:18
- Location: Stockholm,Sweden
Re: Census in Southamerica
Ok, thanks.
No, I'm in Stockholm.
I posted a topic in the Italian culture category about some old pictures my family had with them from Italy and Aether who has been helping me with figuring out who they are told me that I should check with you....there is a link there to the pictures.
Thanks in advance, Denisse
No, I'm in Stockholm.
I posted a topic in the Italian culture category about some old pictures my family had with them from Italy and Aether who has been helping me with figuring out who they are told me that I should check with you....there is a link there to the pictures.
Thanks in advance, Denisse
Barilani, Artino, Galeazzi, Lombardini, Chianguerotti/Ciangherotti