In searching microfilms at my local Family History Center, I found information on my grandfather, Aurelio BRESADOLA, in the town of Ortisei (in the Tirol---Val Gardina, I think) and information from those films leads me to believe that my grandmother, Oliva MOLIGNONI, is from "Castello" but I can find no nearby town by that name.
I am assuming that Castello is an abbreviated form of some town's name not too far from Ortisei, since I see that several of the MOLIGNONIS in Ortisei are from "Castello" as I peruse the microfilms.
Can anyone help me find a "Castello" in the general area where I might then be able to search church records to find information on my grandmother?
Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.
Castello
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Castello
Hi lfrasier and welcome to the forum. Here is a list of the Castello's. Since Ortisei is in the province of Bolzano, the region of Trentino Alto-Adige I'd look at the last two in the list. I'll check a little further to see what I come up with. Hope this helps.
Castello Cabiaglio, province: Varese - region: Lombardia
Castello d'Agogna, province: Pavia - region: Lombardia
Castello d'Argile, province: Bologna - region: Emilia Romagna
Castello del Matese, province: Caserta - region: Campania
Castello dell'Acqua, province: Sondrio - region: Lombardia
Castello di Annone, province: Asti - region: Piemonte
Castello di Brianza, province: Lecco - region: Lombardia
Castello di Cisterna, province: Napoli - region: Campania
Castello di Godego, province: Treviso - region: Veneto
Castello di Serravalle, province: Bologna - region: Emilia Romagna
Castello Lavazzo, province: Belluno - region: Veneto
Castello Molina di Fiemme, province: Trento - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Castello Tesino, province: Trento - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Ortisei, province: Bolzano - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Regards,
Elizabeth
Castello Cabiaglio, province: Varese - region: Lombardia
Castello d'Agogna, province: Pavia - region: Lombardia
Castello d'Argile, province: Bologna - region: Emilia Romagna
Castello del Matese, province: Caserta - region: Campania
Castello dell'Acqua, province: Sondrio - region: Lombardia
Castello di Annone, province: Asti - region: Piemonte
Castello di Brianza, province: Lecco - region: Lombardia
Castello di Cisterna, province: Napoli - region: Campania
Castello di Godego, province: Treviso - region: Veneto
Castello di Serravalle, province: Bologna - region: Emilia Romagna
Castello Lavazzo, province: Belluno - region: Veneto
Castello Molina di Fiemme, province: Trento - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Castello Tesino, province: Trento - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Ortisei, province: Bolzano - region: Trentino Alto-Adige
Regards,
Elizabeth
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Castello
There are church records for Castello Molina di Fiemme and Tesino from the 1600's through 1923 on LDS films. LDS films for Tesino iare divided into Italy and Austria.
You should be able to get some good information.
Here is a link for detailed maps of Castello Tesino
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/022/048/index.html
Castello Molina di Fiemme
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/022/047/index.html
and Ortisei
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/021/061/index.html
Maybe the maps can help you determine which Castello you need to look at.
Can you post your document from LDS on the forum so we can take a look and see if we can be of more help.
You should be able to get some good information.
Here is a link for detailed maps of Castello Tesino
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/022/048/index.html
Castello Molina di Fiemme
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/022/047/index.html
and Ortisei
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/021/061/index.html
Maybe the maps can help you determine which Castello you need to look at.
Can you post your document from LDS on the forum so we can take a look and see if we can be of more help.
Re: Castello
Thank you for your good information. I will follow up on some of those places.
Regarding the information from the LDS, what I found on microfilm was the Catholic parish records of Ortisei, where my grandfather's birth was recorded, and also the birth of the first several of their children. On those it states that the mother of the children was Oliva MOLIGNONI from Castello. My father was the youngest of their 9 children, the last 5 of which were all born here in the U.S. I can find no marriage record in that parish for them, but I assume custom back in the 1800s was to marry in the town (and parish) of the bride. That is one of the records I would like to find, along with my grandmother's birth record.
Since I don't know which town of "Castello" she was from, I'm at a loss of which parish records to order from the LDS.
Thank you for your help.
Regarding the information from the LDS, what I found on microfilm was the Catholic parish records of Ortisei, where my grandfather's birth was recorded, and also the birth of the first several of their children. On those it states that the mother of the children was Oliva MOLIGNONI from Castello. My father was the youngest of their 9 children, the last 5 of which were all born here in the U.S. I can find no marriage record in that parish for them, but I assume custom back in the 1800s was to marry in the town (and parish) of the bride. That is one of the records I would like to find, along with my grandmother's birth record.
Since I don't know which town of "Castello" she was from, I'm at a loss of which parish records to order from the LDS.
Thank you for your help.
Re: Castello
Check this link. There is a town called Castelrotto adjacent to Ortisei.
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/021/061/index.html
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/021/061/index.html
Re: Castello
Thank you for that! I was hoping there would be a suitable town very nearby Ortisei, and I think that might fit the bill. LDS has a microfilm for that town (in the German name of Kastelruth, I think) and my hunch is to search there first. 
Re: Castello
Good luck, I hope it is the right place 
-
saltnpepper
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 04:57
Re: Castello
Hi, I realize this is a very old post that I'm responding to, but I may have some useful information for you. Let me know if you are still searching for Castello. Regards