Hello,
I am looking for an ancestor who was British. His name is Plowman Young and died at Bullis of Lucca 1840. He is said to be buried at Leghorn cemetery. Plowman Young was a doctor from Suffolk England. His wife was Ann Maria. Their youngest child Augustus Warren Young was born in 1837 in Pisa Italy. Is there any way to find out about this family when they lived in Italy, death certificates, birth certificates.? Are there any census etc? Any info at all will be helpful. I know of their history in England.
I don't know if it makes any difference but they belonged to the Church of England.
Thank you very much
Hera Toutai
The British in 19th century Lucca, Leghorn
Re: The British in 19th century Lucca, Leghorn
Bearing in mind that Leghorn is the English name for Livorno and that there has been a fairly strong British presence there for some time , there has been an Anglican (C of E) church and cemetery there for some time.
In Via Verdi, facing the entrance to the "Vecchio Cimitero Inglese", you will find the Chiesa Anglicana.
English Church Livorno
In Via Verdi, facing the entrance to the "Vecchio Cimitero Inglese", you will find the Chiesa Anglicana.
English Church Livorno
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: The British in 19th century Lucca, Leghorn
There does not appear to be any immediate reference to a database which I can locate at the moment, however, it would most likely be effacacious if you either sent an e-mail to the CVhirch of St. James in Florence, Italy (Tuscany province) at St.james@dinonet.it or write in english or Italian to Chiesa di San Giacomo, Church of St. James, Via B. Rucellai 9, 50123, Firenze, Italy for their consideration. Please get back to me should a need arise at a later date for more information. =Peter=
Re: The British in 19th century Lucca, Leghorn
Thanks everyone for your help.
I will look into this. i am sure it will help.
I will look into this. i am sure it will help.

