I'll try this again, hoping there are new members.
Looking for any information about any of the surnames in the subject line. Sofia, Potenzano and Palmieri are all associated with Palermo and Termini in the late 19th C. Catuogno is associated with Naples and nearby San Rocco at about the same time.
The Sofias emigrated to Ellis Island in August of 1901 on the ship Sicilia via Naples. Unsure of where the Potenzanos landed, but suspect Boston.
I have considerable information about the Sofia's arrival, and would welcome additional info.
Don
Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Looking for Potenzano and Palmieri from Sicily; Catuogno and Semiole from Naples or San Rocco.
Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Hi Don,
Welcome back.
Did any of the records found on your previous post
belong to your family?
Thanks! vj
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#25188
Welcome back.
Did any of the records found on your previous post
belong to your family?
Thanks! vj
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... html#25188
Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Salvatore Potenzano 1903 Arrival at Boston line 19
Joining uncle Giovanni Palmieri, 34 Common? St Lawrence Mass
Biff
Joining uncle Giovanni Palmieri, 34 Common? St Lawrence Mass
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Hi Don,
There are Palmeri's that went to New Orleans in the late 1800's early 1900's and I know there is census information for this. And they were from the area's you listed.
There are Palmeri's that went to New Orleans in the late 1800's early 1900's and I know there is census information for this. And they were from the area's you listed.
Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Wow! Thank you to everyone! You've given me a whole lot more material to get started again!
Don
Don
Looking for Potenzano and Palmieri from Sicily; Catuogno and Semiole from Naples or San Rocco.
Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
I know this is a few years later. However, I am looking up family on my mothers side. My grandmother was a Potenzano - her father Potenzano her mother a Sofia. I beleive Salvatore and Rosa. They had 7 children. My grandmother was one of them.I am looking for any information about family history I can. I can tell you about the life of them once they came to America.
