My name is Roberto Coppolecchia and I am looking for more information about my surname.
Looking for surename Coppolecchia
Looking for surename Coppolecchia
Hello,
My name is Roberto Coppolecchia and I am looking for more information about my surname.
I am living in The Netherlands. I found some sites but mostly u need to pay for more information.
Who can help me. My father is born in Vico del Gargano, Prov. di Foggia. Now he is living in the Netherlands. Leave message here. Thnx for your help. 
My name is Roberto Coppolecchia and I am looking for more information about my surname.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Looking for surename Coppolecchia
If you go to www.paginebianche.it put your surname inthe first line and Vico del Gargano int he third line and clcik CERCA for 7 Coppolecchia who are most likely related to you by fullname, address and telephonenumber.
If yu want to trace your family back to 1809 then go to your nearest Mormon church Family History Library and rent out the microfilm for Vico Del gargano for all births,marriages and deaths. The records are handwritten in Italian and go up to 1910 (privacy laws) but your father can tell you about after 1910 anyway or relatives in Vico Del Gargano who will fuill you in. I urge you to buy or borrow the book from your library Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson and bring along a magnify glass as well. =Peter=
If yu want to trace your family back to 1809 then go to your nearest Mormon church Family History Library and rent out the microfilm for Vico Del gargano for all births,marriages and deaths. The records are handwritten in Italian and go up to 1910 (privacy laws) but your father can tell you about after 1910 anyway or relatives in Vico Del Gargano who will fuill you in. I urge you to buy or borrow the book from your library Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson and bring along a magnify glass as well. =Peter=
Re: Looking for surename Coppolecchia
Here is a list of Coppolecchias who emigrated to the US. You might like to look at the manifests to see if anyone is related to your father.
http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/gold.p ... ECTION=asc
Also this site will show you where else in Italy the cognome exists.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/gold.p ... ECTION=asc
Also this site will show you where else in Italy the cognome exists.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
Re: Looking for surename Coppolecchia
i know coppolecchia family in cagnano varano, near vico del gargano

