Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I am new at this but I have attached a jpeg file of the document I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me. I don't know how to get it into a imagereader file that I have seen some have done. I am pretty sure that I have a birth record for Vincenzo Fratantuono for 27 May 1833 in Marsicovetere. Would love verification if anyone is able to read this.
I'm going to try something to see if we can get the image larger.
Edit to remove image and make comment.
I'll send you a private message PM with my email address. Send me the actual jpg file, not the imageshack version and i'll see if I can upload it for you.
The document is almost unreadable, however I cannot see anything similar to Vincenzo and I suspect that the name of the baby is in the following page.
The father's name could be Giovanni and the birth date is 25 or 26 of May 1833
Dalla seconda colonna (quella che riporta l'avvenuto battesimo) sembra leggersi Giacomantonio Fratantuono, mentre il nome della mamma potrebbe essere Rosa Nando di anni 28.
Ciao
Luca
The name (of the child) seems to be Giacomantonio. The mother's name I suppose is Rosa Nando, but the image is almost impossible to read.
Yes Livio and Luca.......I sent a pm to Michelle last night after I posted and asked her to go back to her FHC and try to make a larger clearer copy and repost.
It is very difficult to read and the image from the FHC was very very small. Hopefully she will get a better image.
actually I would say 99% chance it is Rosa Nardo as Nardo if I remember correctly is a name of other people in this commune. I don't know where I got Vincenzo...I get crosseyed looking at these things.
Thank you so much for helping me with this.
Sincerely,
Michelle
I don't have the next page as I copied from the microfilm in Salt Lake City and did not have a clue what each document said. I actually was just looking for the name Fratantuono. I will try and get it at the LDS library here in Texas.
Michelle
sileo wrote:Well I checked and I have a Nasca from Marsicovetere not Nardo. Could that be Nasca?
I'm not sure 100% but I think it's Nardo.
At present there are a lot of Nardo and Di Nardo near Marsicovetere Paginebianche But also Nasca Paginebianche
The only thing to do is having a better image
Ciao
Luca
I have the film that would have this record at the family history center near me. I'll try to get there next week to see if I can make sense out of it for you. I'll let you know
I have the film that would have this record at the family history center near me. I'll try to get there next week to see if I can make sense out of it for you. I'll let you know