Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
I am looking for information about my great grandfather from either Morolo or Bassiano. My Great Grandfather's name was Michael Angelo Canali. He married Maria Avisatti. My Grandfather, Alberto Canali (Canale) was born in 1887. He immigrated to Oswego, New York in the US in 1904. He had a brother, Antonio (Anthony) and a sister Enrica.
I am unable to find any further information for a family tree.
Thank you,
I am unable to find any further information for a family tree.
Thank you,
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Welcome to the forum
!
Just for reference, is this your family on
ancestry.com?
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.asp ... tid=105789
Have you found Alberto's manifest yet?
It may confirm the town in Italy so you can
research your family records in Italy (they're
kept at the town/comune level)
Thanks! Valarie
Just for reference, is this your family on
ancestry.com?
http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.asp ... tid=105789
Have you found Alberto's manifest yet?
It may confirm the town in Italy so you can
research your family records in Italy (they're
kept at the town/comune level)
Thanks! Valarie
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Valerie,
Yes, that is my family on Ancestry.com.
Unfortunately, you've already lost me. Are you talking about a ship manifest?
Cindy
Yes, that is my family on Ancestry.com.
Unfortunately, you've already lost me. Are you talking about a ship manifest?
Cindy
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Hi Cindy,
I apologize, yes, do you have any of your family's
ship manifests?
We would be happy to help you look.
Valarie
---
1904 ship manifest for Alberto, no birth location, only
his last residence.
Perhaps another family member joined them later?
1904 manifest
Arrival Date: 17 Apr 1904
Ship Name: Calabria
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 26
Name: Alberto Canale
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Last residence: Bassiano (Latina, Lazio)
Destination: Oswego, NY
Joining: brother Antonio
Microfilm Serial: 15
Microfilm Roll: T715_447
Page Number: 91
I apologize, yes, do you have any of your family's
ship manifests?
We would be happy to help you look.
Valarie
---
1904 ship manifest for Alberto, no birth location, only
his last residence.
Perhaps another family member joined them later?
1904 manifest
Arrival Date: 17 Apr 1904
Ship Name: Calabria
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 26
Name: Alberto Canale
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Last residence: Bassiano (Latina, Lazio)
Destination: Oswego, NY
Joining: brother Antonio
Microfilm Serial: 15
Microfilm Roll: T715_447
Page Number: 91
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Hi Valarie,
I do have the ship manifest for both my grandmother and grandfather. Don't know why there is no birth location for my grandfather. He always spoke of Morola, a small town outside of Roma, in the hills. Merola and Bassiano seem to be very close to each other on the map.
My great grandmother came to the US. She was married 3 times. The 2nd husband was Michael Angelo Canali. I believe he died young (still looking for notes from my uncle) It is Michael Canali that I would like to find information on. The third husband came with her to the US. I have not been able to find her manifest. Her name was Maria Avisatti Canali DeMarchos. Avisatti was her maiden name. Her mothers name was Judita Avisatti.
Caterina Licciardi, was my grandmother, born in Apice, Italy. Her mother was Carmella Zullo, father was Giovanni Licciardi. I believe Giovanni Licciardi was born in Apice also.
Until I talk to my Aunt and Uncle again, this is as much as I know. Will see my Aunt Easter weekend.
Is there somewhere on this site that I can search names?
Thanks,
Cindy
I do have the ship manifest for both my grandmother and grandfather. Don't know why there is no birth location for my grandfather. He always spoke of Morola, a small town outside of Roma, in the hills. Merola and Bassiano seem to be very close to each other on the map.
My great grandmother came to the US. She was married 3 times. The 2nd husband was Michael Angelo Canali. I believe he died young (still looking for notes from my uncle) It is Michael Canali that I would like to find information on. The third husband came with her to the US. I have not been able to find her manifest. Her name was Maria Avisatti Canali DeMarchos. Avisatti was her maiden name. Her mothers name was Judita Avisatti.
Caterina Licciardi, was my grandmother, born in Apice, Italy. Her mother was Carmella Zullo, father was Giovanni Licciardi. I believe Giovanni Licciardi was born in Apice also.
Until I talk to my Aunt and Uncle again, this is as much as I know. Will see my Aunt Easter weekend.
Is there somewhere on this site that I can search names?
Thanks,
Cindy
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Hey Cindy,
Thanks for the update.
Yes there is a search feature - look in the white area
at the top of this screen (just above your subject line)
Valarie
Thanks for the update.
Yes there is a search feature - look in the white area
at the top of this screen (just above your subject line)
Valarie
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Valarie, Thanks for pointing out "Search".
Cindy
Cindy
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Im looking for information about a John Bango born in 1894 in Morolo, Italy. He came to the USA in 1912. His parents were Pasqualie and Victoria Bango. He located in Harrisville NY in St. Lawrence Co. and died in 1967.
Others searching this surname on line mention the surname Alteri as being connected- Alteri and Canale are names I know from Watertown NY, Jefferson County which is near Harrisville.
Am wondering how/if these families were all known to each other back in Italy.
Others searching this surname on line mention the surname Alteri as being connected- Alteri and Canale are names I know from Watertown NY, Jefferson County which is near Harrisville.
Am wondering how/if these families were all known to each other back in Italy.
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Hi!!
I was searching my relatives and I saw this post. My great-grandfather's name (I'm fairly certain!) was Antonio Canali!! I want to check with my grandfather, but I'm pretty sure. He is from Morolo, and would have emigrated around the same time as your grandfather did. He married my great-grandmother, Anna, whom I did know. In any case, I bet we are related. How many Canali families could be from Morolo? They lived in Elmira, NY, eventually, which is close to Oswego.
My email is tam357@nyu.edu. I want to chat with my grandfather, but please, if you are interested, get in touch with me! I love this kind of stuff, I think it is exciting.
~Teri
I was searching my relatives and I saw this post. My great-grandfather's name (I'm fairly certain!) was Antonio Canali!! I want to check with my grandfather, but I'm pretty sure. He is from Morolo, and would have emigrated around the same time as your grandfather did. He married my great-grandmother, Anna, whom I did know. In any case, I bet we are related. How many Canali families could be from Morolo? They lived in Elmira, NY, eventually, which is close to Oswego.
My email is tam357@nyu.edu. I want to chat with my grandfather, but please, if you are interested, get in touch with me! I love this kind of stuff, I think it is exciting.
~Teri
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
I am related to the Canali family of elmira. I knew Anna Canali, she was my father's first cousin. Her parents were Ulisse and Victoria Spazani. Victoria's maiden name was Oddi, she was my grandmother's sister. I spent many summer vacations in Elmira in the 60's. Spazani. Oddi and Neri are all from Morolo. There is aq Canale's restaurant in Oswego. I know something about that family as well
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
I am related to the Canali family of Elmira. Anna Spaziani married Louis Canali. She was the daughter of Ulisse and Victoria. Victoria was an Oddi, she was my grandmaother's sister. The Canali, Oddi, Neri and Spaziani family are all from Morolo. They are also related to the Alteri family and the Mangini, and Corsi families all from Morolo. Many of these families are in Albany, Schenctady, Elmira and Oswego
Re: Looking for Canali of Morolo or Bassiano
Yeah I'm Anna Canali's great-granddaughter! She was alive til I was nine years old. My grandparents still live in the house across from her house.

