Hi
All four of my grandparents came from Salemi, Sicily. I have the last names of all four of my greatparents, but that is all I have. We are interested in possibly researching our family history/names another generation or two back. Do you know if the records in Salemi, Sicily would be helpful. Thank you.
Mary C
\
Salemi, Sicily
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Salemi, Sicily
Hi Mary,
Yes there are civil records and census info for Salemi from LDS microfilms
here is the link for civil records (birth, death, marriages etc.) from 1820-1910
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Census records 1607-1815
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... mi+%28Trap++
Write down the film numbers you would like to view and find a Family History Center (FHC) and go in to order your films
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Takes about 4 weeks to receive and the cost is approximately $5.50 USD per film
You should be able to get some great information and looks like you will be able to trace back quite far if you want.
Hope this helps and if you have any questions just post back.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Yes there are civil records and census info for Salemi from LDS microfilms
here is the link for civil records (birth, death, marriages etc.) from 1820-1910
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... ato+civile++
Census records 1607-1815
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... mi+%28Trap++
Write down the film numbers you would like to view and find a Family History Center (FHC) and go in to order your films
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Takes about 4 weeks to receive and the cost is approximately $5.50 USD per film
You should be able to get some great information and looks like you will be able to trace back quite far if you want.
Hope this helps and if you have any questions just post back.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Re: Salemi, Sicily
Hi
Many many thanks for this wonderful resource info. There are 3 LDS centers near my home so this will work out really well. I am looking forward to doing this research. I started all of this on a whim but now I am hooked, and thanks to the great people at this website (which I found serendipitously), I already have lots of "stuff" (ship manifests, census for Boston, etc.) Again, thanks for your quick response and wonderful help.
Mary C

Many many thanks for this wonderful resource info. There are 3 LDS centers near my home so this will work out really well. I am looking forward to doing this research. I started all of this on a whim but now I am hooked, and thanks to the great people at this website (which I found serendipitously), I already have lots of "stuff" (ship manifests, census for Boston, etc.) Again, thanks for your quick response and wonderful help.
Mary C
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Salemi, Sicily
Your welcome Mary and if he have any questions about the films just post. Also check your centers (since there are 3 near you) and make sure the one you select has a scanner that allows downloads of your images to CD or flash drive. This allows you to bring them home and study or post here if you need help.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Elizabeth
