Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
I am researching my wife's family history and I am looking for information about her family in Italy. Her family immigrated from San Lucido, Cosenza, Italy and setteled in Erie, PA. Unfortunalty I have no information past her great grandparents. The info I have is:
Michele Amendola - came to US in 1909
b:10/11/1881 - San Lucido
d: 1/1966 - Erie, PA
M: Nicoletta Mary Cupello
b:1886 - Italy
d: 1964 - Erie, PA
Mary Asunta Amendola - b: 1903 - Italy d:1989 Erie
Rosina Amendola - b: 1907 - Italy d:2001
Joseph John Amendola (my wife's Grandfather) - b: 1/28/1910 Erie d:11/1980 - Erie
Mary Alda Amendola - b: 1912 d:1967
Lena Amendola b: 1914 d:
Mafalda M. Amendola b: 1916 d: 1998
Michele Amendola - came to US in 1909
b:10/11/1881 - San Lucido
d: 1/1966 - Erie, PA
M: Nicoletta Mary Cupello
b:1886 - Italy
d: 1964 - Erie, PA
Mary Asunta Amendola - b: 1903 - Italy d:1989 Erie
Rosina Amendola - b: 1907 - Italy d:2001
Joseph John Amendola (my wife's Grandfather) - b: 1/28/1910 Erie d:11/1980 - Erie
Mary Alda Amendola - b: 1912 d:1967
Lena Amendola b: 1914 d:
Mafalda M. Amendola b: 1916 d: 1998
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
Manifest for Michele Amendola from San Lucido Cosenza born 1881 but has him arriving in 1904. Going to his cousin in Erie cousins name looks like Natale Amendola.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0014
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0014
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
Dino,
When you look at that manifest, note that Michele is travelling with Antonio. Is that a brother?
When you look at that manifest, note that Michele is travelling with Antonio. Is that a brother?
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
Line's 18 and 19 are also Amendola's (Luigi and Giovanni) they are from Paolo and going to their uncle's ? Filippo Gaspero or Gaspere.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
I do not know of any of Michele's siblings. My father-in-law says he dosen't know of any relatives other than Michele.
I don't know of any cousins either, my father-in-law is the oldest living relative my wife has, so my information is limited to what he knows.
I don't know of any cousins either, my father-in-law is the oldest living relative my wife has, so my information is limited to what he knows.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
Here's a suggestion. If you can find out the name of the funeral home that Nicoletta was buried from they will have the names of her parents. Since her husband was still alive when she died he would have given them the information. It's standard procedure. You may also want to check with her church in Erie and see what they have as far as records for her. They usually have information on the deceased parents.
You can try the same thing for Michele.
That's how I got the names of my great grandparents which opened alot of doors for me.
Regards,
Elizabeth
You can try the same thing for Michele.
That's how I got the names of my great grandparents which opened alot of doors for me.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Re: Amendola/Coppola - San Lucido, Cosenza
Michele and Antonio are going to the same place,
121 Parade Street.
121 Parade Street.
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
Big New Discovery.
After a visit to the local Heritage Library, I found the Obituary for Mary Nicoletta Amendola. Turns out her Maiden name was Cupello. Her brother Luigi Cupello is listed as locating to South America.
Also it says she was born in Pavola Italy...would that be Paola in Italy? I can't find a reference to Pavola.
After a visit to the local Heritage Library, I found the Obituary for Mary Nicoletta Amendola. Turns out her Maiden name was Cupello. Her brother Luigi Cupello is listed as locating to South America.
Also it says she was born in Pavola Italy...would that be Paola in Italy? I can't find a reference to Pavola.
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
I also have Michele Amendola's Obit. which lists his family as his brothers:dino597 wrote:Big New Discovery.
After a visit to the local Heritage Library, I found the Obituary for Mary Nicoletta Amendola. Turns out her Maiden name was Cupello. Her brother Luigi Cupello is listed as locating to South America.
Also it says she was born in Pavola Italy...would that be Paola in Italy? I can't find a reference to Pavola. o
Batiste Amendola - Erie
Emilio Amendola - Erie
Salvatore Amendola - Italy
and his sisters:
Louise Viviani - Italy
Philomena Cupello - South America
Lauretta Bruno - South America
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
Here is the manifest for Batiste going to his brother Michele's
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0008
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
Here's the manifest for Emilio going to brother Michele's (says brother-in-law but probably a mistake)
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0026
Also lists his father's name as Raffaele and was still living in Italy when Emilio made the trip.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0026
Also lists his father's name as Raffaele and was still living in Italy when Emilio made the trip.
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
BillieDeKid,
A trip to the funeral home proved very productive.
The parents of Michele Amendola are Raffaele Amendola and Rosina Mannarino.
The parents of Mary Nicoletta Cupello are Santo Cupello and Maria Antonia (Mandari?)
Thanks for the tip.
Dino
A trip to the funeral home proved very productive.
The parents of Michele Amendola are Raffaele Amendola and Rosina Mannarino.
The parents of Mary Nicoletta Cupello are Santo Cupello and Maria Antonia (Mandari?)
Thanks for the tip.
Dino
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
You're very welcome, glad I could help.
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
On Facebook my nephew started a group IM A CUPELLO and Ihave been in contact with Luis Cupello who lives in Brazil and he told me that great grandfather was from San Lucido. Check out the group there are also other Cupello's who have posted pictures of their ancestos who were born in Paola; myself I was born In Grimaldi, Cosenza (near Paola) in 1951 to Maria Naccarato Cupello and Emilio Cupello. My father emigrated to Canada in 1951, my brother Giuseppe Cupello followed in 1952 and My mother, my sister Ivana and myself in 1953. My father had two brothers Luigi, Francesco(who was registered as Cupelli at birth) whose son Giuseppe resided in New York City and is now in Palm Beach, Florida, he also has relatives in New Jersey. My father also had two sisters Rsa and Rosaria who along with my uncle Luigi remained in Italy. I wopuld suggest that you contact Luis Cupello as he might have some information for you.
Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza
Not to change the subject here but,myself I was born In Grimaldi, Cosenza (near Paola)
My family is from Malito, near Grimaldi and I have family currently living in Grimaldi now. Naccarato and Amendola is also in my family tree. I would also try contacting Cathynaps on this board. She is currently doing a lot of research on the towns in those areas..maybe see can help you both???


