Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 241
Joined: 26 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by Cathynap »

dino597 wrote:Big New Discovery.
Also it says she was born in Pavola Italy...would that be Paola in Italy? I can't find a reference to Pavola. :o
The city or comune of Paola is pronounced Pavola in local dialect. The comune is the home of the Sanctuary of the Patron Saint of Calabria, San Francesco di Paola. It is not far from San Lucido as you can see in the map below:
Image
User avatar
Grimaldi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Apr 2008, 15:51
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by Grimaldi »

how would I contact cathynaps
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by nuccia »

Just click on the above post email or pm and she will reply. But I'm sure she will see you are looking for her and post.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 241
Joined: 26 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Illinois
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by Cathynap »

Nuccia is correct. You can pm me by clicking on my name or email me at montalto girl @ hotmail . com (no spaces). I would be most pleased to talk to you.
User avatar
annabellacupello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 17:26
Location: Venezuela

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by annabellacupello »

dino597 wrote:
dino597 wrote:Big New Discovery.

After a visit to the local Heritage Library, I found the Obituary for Mary Nicoletta Amendola. Turns out her Maiden name was Cupello. Her brother Luigi Cupello is listed as locating to South America.

Also it says she was born in Pavola Italy...would that be Paola in Italy? I can't find a reference to Pavola. o
I also have Michele Amendola's Obit. which lists his family as his brothers:

Batiste Amendola - Erie
Emilio Amendola - Erie
Salvatore Amendola - Italy

and his sisters:

Louise Viviani - Italy
Philomena Cupello - South America
Lauretta Bruno - South America
User avatar
annabellacupello
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 17:26
Location: Venezuela

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by annabellacupello »

My great grandfather was Francesco Cupello from Paola, Cosenza. He was married to Maria Giusepina Scrivano and had 5 children: Salvatore and Vincenzo that came to Maracaibo, Venezuela, and Angelina (married to a Gazzaneo) Concettina and Filomena that emigrated to Rio de Jnaeiro, Brazil in 1908. One of the other two sisters, married an Imbroisi at RIo.
My great grandfather had a brother named Nicolino. Theirs father name was Vincenzo.
I have contacted a young person in a place near Rio, whos name is Luis (Luigi) who says his grandfather was Ercolino
User avatar
venice
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 28
Joined: 11 Oct 2008, 21:18

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by venice »

Can anyone help,
myggf was Guiseppe Amendola and was first noted in Australia 1888,according to family he was from Amalfi.He died in 1949 in Victoria Australia.Am looking for brothers and sisters.Im aware that his father was Nicholas Amendola,a sea captain and he married Maria Vital
User avatar
gmctudor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Mar 2009, 00:14
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by gmctudor »

Dino 597 I have info about your wifes family.
User avatar
gmctudor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Mar 2009, 00:14
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by gmctudor »

Dino 597 contact me at gmctudor@hotmail.com
User avatar
gmctudor
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 Mar 2009, 00:14
Contact:

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by gmctudor »

Batista is my greatgrandfather his son Alfredo is my grandfather. I have lots of information about this family. contact me gmctudor@hotmail.com
pasqualesgirl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 00:49

Re: Amendola/Cupello - San Lucido, Cosenza

Post by pasqualesgirl »

I realize that this is a very old exchange, however, these surnames and towns correspond to my Amendola's ancestors. I have tried to contact gmctudor via hotmail and annabellacupello but hope they are still involved with this site! If you have any information, please contact me at driccidkelley@gmail.com.
Thank you!
Donna
Post Reply