I got around to looking at the Ellis Island manifests for my ancestors. From what I can tell, my patriarch immigrated in 1910 by way of Naples. His town is listed as "Accaqui" in "Italy South." There are others on the manifest from Accaqui, however, I cannot find any information anywhere on such a place.
Any information or leads on Accaqui are greatly appreciated.
Accaqui
Re: Accaqui
Best guess:
1910 manifest
This 1910 manifest page was translated on Ellis Island as you described: ‘Accaqui’
It may be:
Anagni, Frosinone, Lazio
1910 manifest
This 1910 manifest page was translated on Ellis Island as you described: ‘Accaqui’
It may be:
Anagni, Frosinone, Lazio
Re: Accaqui
Hello and Welcome to IG!!
The Ellis Island manifest for 1910 is pretty poor.
Here's the one from Ancestry. A little better. Lines 19 to 25
Page 1
Page 2
If I've got the right manifest, the town looks like:
Anagni in the province of Frosinone, region of Lazio
OOPS!! A dollar short and a minute late. Looks like two of us see Anagni.
Biff
The Ellis Island manifest for 1910 is pretty poor.
Here's the one from Ancestry. A little better. Lines 19 to 25
Page 1
Page 2
If I've got the right manifest, the town looks like:
Anagni in the province of Frosinone, region of Lazio
OOPS!! A dollar short and a minute late. Looks like two of us see Anagni.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Accaqui
Hey Biff
,
It's great to have confirmation
Thanks!
Valarie
It's great to have confirmation
Thanks!
Valarie
Re: Accaqui
Hi and welcome to the forum,
There is no such town. However, I believe that a combination of difficult handwriting and poor transcription is the problem. May I suggest that the town is actually Anagni in the province of Frosinone. All of the surnames on this list exist in that town.
1 Cardinali, Luigi Accaqui, Italy 17 1893 1910
2 Cicconi, Antonio Accaqui, Italy 18 1892 1910
3 De Barolis, Antonio Accaqui, Italy 30 1880 1910
4 Lanzi, Vincenzo Accaqui, Italy 23 1887 1910
5 Matera, Luigi Accaqui, Italy 23 1887 1910
6 Meloni, Magno Accaqui, Italy 22 1888 1910
7 Pace, Vincenzo Accaqui, Italy 18 1892 1910
8 Passa, Marco Accaqui, Italy 30 1880 1910
There is no such town. However, I believe that a combination of difficult handwriting and poor transcription is the problem. May I suggest that the town is actually Anagni in the province of Frosinone. All of the surnames on this list exist in that town.
1 Cardinali, Luigi Accaqui, Italy 17 1893 1910
2 Cicconi, Antonio Accaqui, Italy 18 1892 1910
3 De Barolis, Antonio Accaqui, Italy 30 1880 1910
4 Lanzi, Vincenzo Accaqui, Italy 23 1887 1910
5 Matera, Luigi Accaqui, Italy 23 1887 1910
6 Meloni, Magno Accaqui, Italy 22 1888 1910
7 Pace, Vincenzo Accaqui, Italy 18 1892 1910
8 Passa, Marco Accaqui, Italy 30 1880 1910
Re: Accaqui
I'm the latest one of all. But we are all correct. 
Re: Accaqui
Thanks for the smile mj!
I'll bet it took me longer than either you or Biff to come up
with the town
Valarie
I'll bet it took me longer than either you or Biff to come up
with the town
Valarie
Re: Accaqui
We are quite a team aren't we? 
Re: Accaqui
Absolutely!
It's an honor to work with you all
.
Valarie
It's an honor to work with you all
Valarie
Re: Accaqui
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"


