Hello,
I am trying to find the town my grandfather Nazzareno DiStefano was from. I am attaching his draft card, he immigrated to the United States in 1914. I am almost positive the second word is: Macerata. I believe the first word is Porovaglia. Based on other draft cards filled out by the same person the first letter is almost certainly a "P". But I could find no locations in Macerata or Italy for that name. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps it is a street name?
Looking for location in Macerata
Re: Looking for location in Macerata
Don't know if this helps but here ai a link to a list of all cities towns in the Provincia of Macerata
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/043/comuni.html
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/043/comuni.html
Re: Looking for location in Macerata
You can also try the following site, which allows for a partial search:
http://www.landfinder.it/townfinder.asp ... INGLESE&p=
wldspirit
http://www.landfinder.it/townfinder.asp ... INGLESE&p=
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Looking for location in Macerata
Hi!
I think the town could be Morrovalle (Macerata Province, Marche Region) ... possible the name was very mispelled....
don't know if this is the same Nazzareno but I found this arrival manifest:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Mazzareno Di Stefani
Name: Mazzareno Di Stefani
Arrival Date: 2 Nov 1913
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Taormina
Search Ship Database: View the Taormina in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 30
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_2213
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: monovalle (sp: Morrovalle)
Page Number: 37
Could it be your grandfather's manifest?
page 1:
[img=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7867 ... py9.th.jpg]
page 2:
[img=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9221 ... dd9.th.jpg]
Hope this helps!
Laura
I think the town could be Morrovalle (Macerata Province, Marche Region) ... possible the name was very mispelled....
don't know if this is the same Nazzareno but I found this arrival manifest:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Mazzareno Di Stefani
Name: Mazzareno Di Stefani
Arrival Date: 2 Nov 1913
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Taormina
Search Ship Database: View the Taormina in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 30
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_2213
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: monovalle (sp: Morrovalle)
Page Number: 37
Could it be your grandfather's manifest?
page 1:
[img=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7867 ... py9.th.jpg]
page 2:
[img=http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9221 ... dd9.th.jpg]
Hope this helps!
Laura
Re: Looking for location in Macerata
If you are a descendant (grandchild) of Nazzareno DiStefano and Clara Kurzawa I may be able to assist you in your quest. In fact I work with a granddaughter of theirs. Please contact me directly at mrossmanmi@earthlink.net



