Joy Agrusa Rocha
Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames
Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames
I am looking for information connecting the two surnames. My grandmother, Maria DiMaggio Agrusa, was first cousin to Joe DiMaggio, baseball great. She married Joseph Agrusa and gave birth to nine children. Both grandparents orginated from Sicily and eventually resided in Huntington Park, California. My father is Frank Agrusa, youngest of the nine children. Other related surnames are Chrico, Mazzola, Tiritilli, Militello, Borgogna among others. Thanks!
Joy Agrusa Rocha
Joy Agrusa Rocha
Re: Agrusa/DiMaggio surnames
Hi Joy,Joyj65 wrote:I am looking for information connecting the two surnames. My grandmother, Maria DiMaggio Agrusa, was first cousin to Joe DiMaggio, baseball great. She married Joseph Agrusa and gave birth to nine children. Both grandparents orginated from Sicily and eventually resided in Huntington Park, California. My father is Frank Agrusa, youngest of the nine children. Other related surnames are Chrico, Mazzola, Tiritilli, Militello, Borgogna among others. Thanks!
Joy Agrusa Rocha
I am new to this site, but I have been doing extensive research on my family and have a branch of my family with the Agrusa name and the Militello name. My Great Grandmother's brother was Pasquale born in 1878 (the same as your grandfather). He was born in Balestrate, Sicily and married Josephine Militello. They moved to CA, but may at sometime lived in Detroit where my Great Grandmother lived along with other Agrusa's. Last year I went back to Balestrate to visit the places of my ancestors and met some Agrusa family members that stayed in Sicily. My family decends from Guiseppe (Joseph) Agrusa born in 1852 and Married Josephine Tocco. Please contact me if this at all is a lead for you. I have more information and photos. you can email me at sardinesanyone@yahoo.com.
andy
