While I have made great progress in researching my French-Canadian ancestry, I have gotten nowhere when looking at the Italian side of the family.
I've searched everything I can using Ancestry.com, but I've turned up next to nothing. Could anyone help, or at least get me started?
My great grandparents were Antonio Carboni and Alvina Petrarka (possibly Petraska).
Antonio Carboni
Born in March 17, 1895 in San Giovanni, Italy (according to his WW2 registration card). He came to the US in 1906 (1930 US census). Unknown parents.
Alvina Petrarka
Born about 1901, somewhere in Italy. Her mother's name was Regina Petrarka, also born in Italy. Both immigrated to the US in 1917 (all from the 1930 US census). Two notes about this one: The last name might really be Petraska instead of Petrarka, I'm not sure. Additionally, her age at marriage is listed as 15 on the 1930 US census, so it may be possible she came to the US in 1916.
Regina Petrarka
Born about 1857 in Italy (1930 US Census). Unknown maiden name. I know nothing about the husband.
All died in Woonsocket, Rhode Island, USA. The marriage was somewhere about 1916/1917. Could have been in the US or Italy. I'm guessing the US.
Anything you can do to help would be great appreciated. The only two living relatives (Alvina's two youngest daughters) are very elderly, and would not be able to recall any information at all.
Thanks,
Christopher J. Thibeault
Woonsocket, Rhode Island

