Happy to have IG up and running again

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by lilbees »

Let's celebrate! Thanks to Edmondo? I am very glad the forum is running again. :P

When it's not it breaks my daily routine. :cry:

lilbees
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by wldspirit »

Not sure yet what had happened to the server....... :?
waiting to hear from Edmondo, who I think is still on vacation,
but I am glad to have IG back up and running!!!!
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by PeterTimber »

Me too!! =Peter=
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by nuccia »

Yes, seems the poor man just can't seem to get in a decent vacation without the site dropping. He obviously knows or it wouldn't be back up.

:)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by Edmondo »

Just back from vacation in Italy and found out my server was down. :-(

No idea yet what the problem was but most important is that the server is up and running again. :-)
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by nuccia »

Glad to hear everything seems to be back up again. Keep us posted if you hear anything about why it went down, ok?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by wldspirit »

More importantly.......hope you were able to enjoy your trip to
Italy.... :lol:

lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 110
Joined: 10 Aug 2008, 16:22

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by tonyric »

I am glad to see the site back up. This past four or five days I was wondering what was going on. :)

Edmondo, I don't know where you are hosted, but if in the future you feel you need space, I have spare capacity, both disk and transfer.

Tony
User avatar
Edmondo
Staff
Staff
Posts: 778
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 00:00
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by Edmondo »

My trip to Italy (Valle dell'Angelo) was great. I was able to copy the whole archive from 1809 to 1940 (Nati, Matrimoni, Morti). It took me 2 from the 4 weeks vacation I had what is about 80 hours of work but now I have all research material with me :-)

Thank you Tony but just before I went on vacation I switched over to a server by Netdepot. I have all the capacity we need, also for future development.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Happy to have IG up and running again

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Edmondo so very glad you enjoyed your vacation. It is always nice to be happy and horizontal every once in a while don't you agree? Best and warm wishes to you and little Angelo. =Peter=
Post Reply