Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
By the way what is the name of the ship they arrived on and the date. You can get access to records from NY NARA office. Call them at 212-401-1638 and see if you can get them to check their records of your (named relatives) on that ship arriving at NYC. Also send them e-mail Newyork.archives@NARA.gov and make same request if you cannot ge
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
Calvary cemetery will do research for you for $35.00 and may be worthwhile for you. Go to www.mountcalvary cemetery.com/genealogy.html =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
www.mountcalvarycemetery.com/genealogy.html is the full website. =Peter=
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
But that Calvary is in Buffalo. Not sure that would help. Wasn't the original question about cemeteries serving Manhattan?
I have relatives in the Calvary Cemetery in Queens, so I've looked for a web site before. They don't really have one.
This info is from a Brooklyn genealogy page. I would assume it is still correct. (It's not like they're going to move.)
Mailing address:
Calvary Cemetery
49-02 Laurel Hill Blvd.
Flushing NY
11377-7396
Phone Number:
(718) 786-8000
I have relatives in the Calvary Cemetery in Queens, so I've looked for a web site before. They don't really have one.
This info is from a Brooklyn genealogy page. I would assume it is still correct. (It's not like they're going to move.)
Mailing address:
Calvary Cemetery
49-02 Laurel Hill Blvd.
Flushing NY
11377-7396
Phone Number:
(718) 786-8000
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
Dear Mr G did you get to call NARA in NYC? Peter=
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
My grandmother died in 1918 in NYC. Her dr's address is listed as Mott St. so I would guess she lived in that area. She is buried at Calvary in NYC. They don't seem to have a lot of information online.
- warriorrabbit
- Elite

- Posts: 284
- Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 18:05
- Location: San Diego
Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
Tom G., they don't have any information online. The only info I've ever found about NYC's Calvary (in Queens) was posted on other sites, like a Brooklyn genealogy site. That's where I got:
Mailing address:
Calvary Cemetery
49-02 Laurel Hill Blvd.
Flushing NY
11377-7396
Phone Number:
(718) 786-8000
I do know it's giant, and has about 3 million people buried there.
Good luck.
Mailing address:
Calvary Cemetery
49-02 Laurel Hill Blvd.
Flushing NY
11377-7396
Phone Number:
(718) 786-8000
I do know it's giant, and has about 3 million people buried there.
Good luck.
